Thursday, August 6, 2009

Another day, another $425

I had the most amazing revelation this morning when I woke at 5 am. As I drifted back and forth between desiring to go back to sleep and running important issues through my mental processor a lightning bolt hit.

The question that loomed large was simply this, how can I be gaining weight while at the same time eating about the same and walking 3 miles nearly every day? What has changed? Then I remembered that the body fat ratio has been gradually creeping up from about 37 to 44 %. Suddenly it was very clear, with so little work to do, so few trips to the field, so few houses to measure and climb all around, so little time spent driving, shifting, using the clutch, I've been doing a lot less, yet eating the same amount. No wonder my body is shifting. Sitting in this chair for 12 hours a day does not require a huge amount of exercise or movement. The answer also was very clear, eat less. I've seen the studies from other countries where people consume very small amounts of food yet live well past 100 years. It makes perfect sense, now all I have to do is tell my brain, inform the discipline centers and move forward. Have you ever been struck with something so fundamental and basic that afterwards it seems like a total no brainer? Move more or eat less or eat much less and with better choices and turn this train wreck around.

As I write Marilyn is doing something with the laptop and is about to fall asleep, I'm listening to the lovely sounds of the dryer as it drys the sheets for the motorhome removing reams of dog hair. In the morning when I wake I'll jump up and give the motorhome a good washing from top to bottom, then I'll pack what needs to go and then do some office work. At 11 I'll see a local property and pick up yet another check, can we say praise the good Lord! Then after seeing the property which is located less than 3 blocks from mine I'll come back home and we will leave in the motorhome for Weed, a destination which is about 300 miles distant. The weather looks great for travel and the dogs are primed and ready to hit the road. Marilyn is game but when I told her she would need to do most of the driving she balked, not sure why, it is just a bigger version of a normal car. I've got to tell you that when I learned that Yvonne Miller did a lot of the driving of their diesel pusher I was impressed and then I heard about Phyllis B also driving I was impressed. But when I heard that Yvonne drove the motorhome to Socal campmeeting all by herself I was really impressed. Wow!

This has been a pretty good week with some income, cool weather so less AC expense, really nice talks with Marilyn and tonight was the best, Nikki asked if we wanted to join the girls for a bite after the gymnastics class was over. We were able to arrive so we could observe the last half of the class and to see Keanna walking on the balance beam which to me was way to high in the air, yikes I could hardly watch. We went to LaVilla located in Bethel Island where we had a great meal. Kallie finished her meal first so I took her for a walk about outside. We saw the wind in the trees and in her hair, the sun setting, 4 wild kitties, a rusty bench to sit on, so much adventure. What fun to see them in action. Keanna always salts the chips and puts a fake sugar in my water to help the lemon water taste better, she opens my straw for me, these are little traditions we've established.

The girls ganged up on me forbidding me from picking up the tab even though I knew that for a few hours I actually had money in the account and could have paid. Actually I do appreciate their concern and help.

Please pray from my friend Clair, he is a wonderful person with a trumpet for a voice, we sang together a lot in the Adoration Singers. Clair is battling skin cancer and has had some surgery recently from which he is recovering. Now he is preparing for radiation and to do get ready he will have to lose part of his beautiful and always perfect beard. He and Beverly are so supportive of each other and are genuine Christian people. Also keep Suzie in your prayers. We are looking forward to spending time with her and just admiring her precious and powerful faith and spirit. A human being is a precious gift of God and the more we do for each other by way of support, touch, love and communication the better. It is the very essence of being alive, to touch another human being.

I wish all my family could be with me this weekend as we travel up to see Jerry and Donna and the extended family.

Tonight I send love to all, family and friends, you are the best there is........

love

Tim

No comments: