Thursday, August 27, 2009

I'm keeping at it.......

Dear Family and Friends,
Here it is Thursday evening already and the week has been a challenging one. Another day without any checks in the mail, that is getting harder to take but I did pick up a check for the appraisal of a condo in Concord when I was there this morning. Once I got back from the trip to Concord I waded into appraisal writing for the afternoon. I was able to complete a challenging one for a large property in Livermore and then started on an FHA one I had already seen but did not have a case number for. Today they found the case number so I took the time this afternoon to write it and emailed it out.
At that point I made a decision, to attend the ACN meeting held in Concord this evening. The meeting started about 7:30 and the large hall at a large hotel was filled. Several different people related their experiences since discovering ACN and along with videos that explained different aspects of how the business works a clear picture was presented. To generate income which I need desperately will take an investment of time in building a new business. With my own business failing around me with almost no orders coming in at all it is time to look around. Dr. Jim has been very helpful in explaining and giving support and shared a copy of Success for Home Business magazine in which ACN is featured.
Today a letter arrived that I have been dreading for years. It was from my mortgage company and carried the news that my loan was being reset in November. What I don't understand is this, the rate went down from 4.85 to 3.65 and yet they show the monthly payment going UP $400. That is a hard nut to crack and only time will tell if I can manage it or not. I'm certainly open to legitimate alternative solutions. One other point of disappointment also happened today. When I called the motorhome loan company to apply for the 3 month payment deferral I was told that I need to make another payment first. Now mind you I've already made 2 payments this month as I was told that if I did that I could apply for the deferral but today it was a new story. Needless to say I was disappointed about that news and the nice guy on the phone agreed to send over the paperwork requesting the deferral anyway.
I missed seeing my kidos today.
I mentioned that I picked up a check today and when I deposited it enough automatic payments had come in that there was only a few dollars left in the account. Sort of hard to get ahead these days. I'm sure the Lord is fully aware of my situation and for many other people who are facing challenging times. All I can say is the word sobering comes to mind.
It has been cooler today and the big AC hardly had to come on at all which is a money blessing, the dogs have food to eat and I've had food to eat. At our worst in this wonderful country we are so blessed and I need to remember that. I guess if I had a prayer request it would be that I could find a management company that would actually order appraisals, not just make promises and never follow through. Could you pray about that? I would appreciate it very much.
So I'm sending love to all and a big thanks for your friendship over the years.

love

tim

No comments: