Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Keanna comes to call











Dear Family and Friends,

Well here I am enjoying the cooling breezes from the little window AC which keeps my office a friendly place to be. I'm just back from a quick trip with Lois for a burrito and then a side trip to purchase dog food for some very hungry dogs. The evening was perfect, cool, vintage California summer evening.

This afternoon was my day to pick up Keanna from school. When I did she was careful to NOT request a visit to McDonalds. Seems her parents read the blog only to learn that my spending money was gone and they didn't want her to put me in a hard spot. I had been thinking about it all day and had a plan so was still able to get her snack after all but how nice of them to think of me and try to avoid a disappointing experience. I was deeply touched. Yes it is tight right now but once again today another of those experiences took place that bodes well for the future.

Citi bank called today to let me know my one year agreement to pay them $409 on the 20th of each month had expired. They wanted to raise the amount to $600 a month but knowing my present situation I nixed that plan. Then they suggested a 1 year plan of no interest and a monthly payment of $360, a $49 reduction over last years plan. That sounded good to me so we locked it up. I'm paying no interest, the entire amount goes to principle and the huge amount has come down a lot this year due to the monthly plan.

Once again the mail lady disappointed me, no checks. Several outstanding accounts should be paying up and I'm getting nervous.

I received an order today with the promise of an AMEX credit card number to cover the costs. A few minutes later a follow up email said to hold off until next week. Bummer, I could have used that money for sure.

In the morning I will see a place in concord at 9 am and then pick up the check which I hope will start the ball rolling on income again. Once again the house payment is looming! When I go to the pet store I watch the gerbils running in their wheel, I know what that is like for humans. Of course so do you and millions of other people.

I'm going to share a few photos tonight that I've taken recently. The one of Keanna is from the park this afternoon, others are from the kids back yard otherwise known as lush acres thanks to Steve's relentless striving on it.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments: