Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Back to normal

Dear Family and Friends,
Well its time to wind this day up and put it in the memory books. It was a pretty normal day with a early morning walk in the cool air, then I set to work and Marilyn left to go shopping for the day. She had read a book until 4:30 this morning so was sort of sleepy. Great book I guess. I settled down to work and do laundry at the same time. I did several loads and they are all dried and folded, hung and completed tonight.
I worked on an appraisal and wrote emails to a couple of management companies that I thought I would get orders from by now. One email back with promises of future work someday. The mail contained no funds but I took a call from a creditor this morning and it went very badly. She kept hammering me as to why I had fallen behind on the motorhome payment and I explained that Nan had died, that my business was really going through a time of readjustment and I was doing my best. She just could not let it go, just kept asking me to sort of repeat after her why I was behind, finally in frustration I just hung up. After a few minutes not feeling very good about that behavior I called back. I am so glad I did. The lady that took the call was totally different. I explained what had happened and she said, didn't she explain that we can give you a 3 month period without any payments or a 6 month period with 20% less payment amount. Well I told her, no that was news to me. She explained that I had to get one more payment made soon, within a week and then they would waive the payments for 3 months, adding them to the end of the loan without any penalties. She explained that they would much rather help people than end up with returned vehicles that they get pennys on the dollar for. She said, besides often people end up living in the motorhomes when they lose they houses. She was really helpful and I hope I can find funds to do the extra payment and take advantage of the 3 month holiday. My intention is not to skip the three months but get ahead on the payments or at least totally caught up. So a bad experience turned out well and hopeful.
Later in the day suddenly my computer made the little sound that tells me a new email has arrived. Well this one was for a duplex report in Oakland which pays $600. I'm seeing it at 9 in the morning, wow was that a blessing!
This evening we had cheap pizza since Tuesday is $5.00 a pie pricing locally. We ate with Lois and Ray and then came home to a warm house, its not cool outside yet.
Today within a few hours I got to talk to Sibyl, my sister who lives in Ohio and Jerry who lives in Weed. That was special to me as I'm taking a new interest in relationships I do have and trying to build on them. The trip to Weed was special in many ways. It was a mood builder, a great chance to be with people who are very easy to love and an adventure. I don't know about you but I thrive on adventures and don't deal well with sameness and boredom very well. And in that spirit I believe we are going to venture to Jason and Jo's this weekend, to enjoy Mr Timothy and hear all his new phrases and actions, I can hardly wait. Of course the setting with the sounds of the surf is hard to take as well and to get to catch up with Jo and Jason as they move forward with their lives, well that is always a very special time.
So my friend this brings me to the end of tonight's drama, good night and be well.

love

tim

1 comment:

Deborah W said...

Glad you had a great birthday and yesterday's fiasco with the motorhome loan people ended up well. Good luck with your appraisal tomorrow, and wishing for you a Great Mail Day every day this week and next!

Deborah