Monday, August 31, 2009

Back in the saddle again.

Hi Everyone,
Another day, no dollars, happens! This morning I woke at 5 with such pain in my back but turned over on my side and dozed until the alarm sounded at 6:10. I jumped up, dressed and went out side for the walk. Ken could not go today so I just headed out solo. It was a perfectly cool morning and I met many friendly people as I did the route. Then back to a shower and oatmeal with a lot of fiber added and some bran.
In a few minutes I was deep into my work at the desk. Then I sorted another box of papers and removed them from the office clearing up some floor space, finally I unearthed a chair so that when someone comes to see me in the office they actually have a place to sit. It was a day of calls from bill collectors, mostly kind and one person who wants to sell my time share in Palm Desert which of course I want to sell also. It would rid me of a $190 payment per month and perhaps bring some much needed cash in as well. We will see what he comes up with. This one does not require upfront money, money I will not part with to become a part of someones scheme.
There were many business related calls and one new order. When it was time for lunch since I was alone, Marilyn was hitting CostCo and Target in Tracy, I created a bed of brown rice, overlaid it with steamed veges and placed some wonderful little soy creations that Sylvia had left, they come in a small can and taste great. The lunch was perfect. I kept the drinking of fluids all day and today I think I maxed out. This evening when a planned appraisal fell through Marilyn suggested we eat out her treat, who can resist that, free food! Thanks Marilyn. She discovered we had a coupon for UNO's so we went and enjoyed a great meal this evening.
On a personal note I've not felt this good physically in a very long time. I'd be hard pressed to explain why but I've been rested, had energy and did not feel stuffed with too much food of the wrong kind.
Its only fair to rejoice when things go well as I so often level with you, faithful reader, when things are not so great. I had to admit there is not a hour that goes by in a given day when I don't have a few pangs, memories of a happy moment with Nan, however I place those thoughts in context and continue to live in spite of the loss we experienced. Do you have any idea of how you would cope if you lost someone vital to you? Frankly no matter what you answer I would just gently say, until it happens you really can't imagine at all and just pray that it does not happen. Its like being in a well lite room and having someone turn the lights out and then you must function in the dark maze that follows.
My points of light are the children and their children, family and friends. You are who I live for. May God grant me meaning in life, you too. How I long to be able to go on a mission trip or to use my skills of communication in some helpful manner or my ability to share, encourage, motivate.
Love to all,

Tim

No comments: