Saturday, August 1, 2009

A day of rest







Dear Family and Friends,

This has been a decent day filled with people, rest, Keanna, my first fruit salad etc.

Ken and I treked our 3 miles this morning, then a quick shower and a bagel and off to collect Ms Keanna for Sabbath School. Keanna was very happily enjoying a new ipod, cute little device in the shape of a princess yet holds lots of songs. Sylvia was there and taught a brilliant Sabbath School. Then Keanna informed me she was starved so we made a stop at her favorite McDonald's with an indoor play area. Keanna loves to meet kids and today was no different. Finally I pulled her away and we traveled home the back way, through fields and over bridges and the levee road. She and her mommy had a full afternoon planned and I made my way home to rest. The speaker in Tracy SDA today was Dick Duerkson and when I turned on the Hope Channel this afternoon there he was doing a special on Cuba from Cuba. Later after a nap I decided to watch some movies I have about Mt Everest. I washed the IMAX movie and then one from National Geographic called 50 years on Everest. The movies were amazing and to witness the energy and life threatening experiences of these brave people was a thrill.

This evening I decided to stop snacking and prepared my first fruit salad. How can you go wrong with perfect melons, bananas and low fat whipped cream. It was so good that I shared some of it with Lois and Ray on their back deck and nightfall crept upon us. Now I'm back and winding it up to go to sleep.

I'm hoping all of you have had some memorable moments in the past 24 hours which remind you of how good you have it.

Love

tim
PS photos are of Keanna that Nikki has shot over the past few months. Thought I would share them.

No comments: