Monday, August 3, 2009

Oh Me of little faith

Dear Family and Friends,
I'm telling you its pretty amazing and wonderful even. Last Friday in the afternoon I went ahead and paid my house payment on line. It is a substantial house payment and hits hard every month. At that time I was about half the way to covering it after the money came in on Thursday and Friday. I knew it would hit my account either today or tomorrow. When I opened the account this morning on line it had hit. I was about $600 overdrawn. All morning I worked emailing out appraisals and writing more, setting up new orders and finally at 12:40 I could wait no longer and made the long walk to the mailbox. As I pulled out the mail at first I only saw bills and an IRS letter but then as I sifted the mail apart a thin envelope from Academy Mortgage came into view. I thought that they had paid for everything but amazingly the check was for $800 and along with a small check that came in on Saturday the deposit came to slightly over $1,000. It was a pleasure to drive to the bank and made that deposit and to be reassured that the account was now in the black. I praise God for helping yet another time.
For breakfast today I had a huge fruit salad and for lunch a huge salad with Romaine lettuce as its base with cherry tomatoes, other greens and some sauteed mushrooms. It was great and I ate it slowly while sitting on the back deck watching the lazy ducks swim back and forth as the gentle breezes played over the water.
Late this afternoon Nikki called and invited me to join them as she and Kallie attended a class for little ones and moms in the gym. At least Nikki got a good workout keeping up with Kallie. Keanna and I observed. After I left the girls I made a snap decision to go ahead and use the free burger coupon that appeared in my email today from Red Robin. They make a wonderful garden burger. When I was nearing the end of the burger Nikki, my waitress took the coupon for the free burger and suddenly a bunch of young ladies appeared and sang me their version of a birthday song and produced a little sundae, wow was it good. It was a nice end to a blessed day.
Late news flash, the elusive Marilyn is set to arrive in Oakland tomorrow night at 10:10 from Rhode Island. Finally she arrives. She is hoping to escape the rain that has plagued them nearly every day since Christmas. I promised her no rain, a promise I think I can keep.
Good night my friend and it is really no secret what God can do, what He's done for others, he can do for you!
love

Tim

No comments: