Sunday, August 2, 2009

Living for a change







Dear Ones,



This has really been a pretty good weekend. First off I got to take Keanna to Sabbath School and spend time with her. What a fun experience. Then I got some much needed rest, made a fruit salad which with low fat whipped cream is really special. This morning I invited Ray and Lois for Belgium Waffles. I invited Ken too but he did not think he could get the idea of him eating waffles past his caring food sheriff, LeAnn. Lois and Ray came over at 9 and I had things set on the back deck using the table Steve and Nikki have lent me. I kept the waffles coming and we had fresh strawberries and whipped cream, orange juice, mocha and amazingly none of us got sick. After breakfast we ended up playing with our dogs, tweaking the sprinkling systems for the tomatoes and flowers and just enjoying a perfect morning. Later in the day Ken and LeAnn had a BBQ for family and friends and it was just good to see all of us enjoy the lake, the cool weather and people fellowshiping.



I came in and worked for awhile this afternoon and then at 5 we drove to brentwood to pick up my meds, had a burrito with rice at a little place and then went to Food Max which is a kick. I enjoy buying more for less and Ray is a master at prices having worked for a grocery store in his younger years.



Now I'm back home and after I got home and settled into my chair I heard noises outside, it was Ray packing up branches from we both had trimmed the tree. We packed several garbage cans and some sacks with the trash and now my side yard is nice, clear of the clutter, thanks Ray and Lois for supervising!!



I am determining to get out more, do more and eat less. I've sort of withdrawn from nearly everyone and I'm tired of hiding and wasting away.



Two orders have come in this afternoon so things are looking up for the upcoming week.



Sending love to all,






Tim

No comments: