Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Life drags on

Dear Family and Friends,
OK so where is the pizazz that life is supposed to possess? Why do the days run into the next with only glimmers of life and hope? Tomorrow will be a good day I know. Keanna is coming at 12:45 for the afternoon and that lights up the place big time.
This morning I walked, then worked for awhile and then Marilyn made her appearance and we left for Sacramento to meet her sister. That took place about 11:50 and then I had lunch with good friends Barb and Gerry. Considering all the health challenges they have faced recently they were in remarkable spirits. These people are a living example of hope and courage combined with a healthy dose of faith. We had lunch, garden burger, at Leatherbys which is mainly known for its wonderful ice cream. I drove home and found myself nearly out of gas in Stockton with NO room on any credit cards and $5 in my wallet. But $5 got me home just fine and I've been working here at home since. Unfortunately there were no checks in the mail today which was more than mildly disappointing.
This evening I watched a couple shows that Nan loved, NCIS with Mark Harmon. They are nicely produced and have great story lines. The good old DVR faithfully records the show every time it pops up in reruns so I have a few to watch minus commercials when ever I want to take the time.
Now its bed time, Ken has called to remind me of walking tomorrow and so the dogs are circling indicating they think its time to retire for the evening. Hopefully money will come in the mail tomorrow so I can purchase some food for them. Its so strange to live like this but God is always near.
This evening I can report that Sylvia's mom is doing some better in her battle with health issues and that their planned trip to visit family in Canada is still on track.
Can I just say the challenge of facing life alone is real, daunting, distasteful and relentless. While I cannot remember everything about every day with Nan I still retain so much that is good. We faced hell together over the last few years and yet we never gave up, never gave in and never turned on each other. Of all our years the last ones were the closest and taught lessons of love and sharing that are forever. This evening I miss my Nan. Yet due to the love that is generously given by the kids, family and friends life is possible.

Love

tim

No comments: