Saturday, December 12, 2009

Aloha

Dear Family and Friends,
I'm writing to you this evening from the Kona Coast Resort. We are just back from seeing the yearly Christmas parade. When we left there was rumored to be 4o more floats. We went in search of a few things like a bed for Kallie to sleep in and some dinner.
In a few minutes I think I'm going to give the hot tub a try as the evening is still young.
I left home this morning in heavy fog and very cool temperatures and drove with no traffic to the Oakland airport. I finally got boarded but missed my resident travel agent who always cared for everything travel wise. The flight over was remarkably decent with a comfortable seat, a silent seat mate who slept the entire trip, a breakfast burrito and chocolate muffin, many glasses of water. I listed to one of the books I had picked up from the Library and it was the perfect traveling companion. The book is loaded onto a little ipod player that is dedicated just to that book so everything is very simple to manage and enjoy.
When I arrived in Honolulu they were stating that the next flight to Kona was already closed but when I hurried down to the gate they were announcing my name. I walked on, they closed the doors and I made it fine. At Kona I found a taxi and because there were two of us sharing the price was less. I was able to get to the time share and be all signed in before the kids arrived.
I had just walked through the door and here came Keanna bursting through the door and into my arms, pappa, pappa. It was great to see them.
The came yesterday and had stayed at the Hilton. It turned out to be a wonderful place with lots of things to do for the whole family. It has been a family desire for years to stay there and finally they got to.
Our weather is perfect, not too hot and now cool outside. It is really a great experience to be here.
This evening we went to the parade and watched the sun set in the background. In Hawaii the sets very quickly, what a beautiful ending touch to a nice day.
I so wish you all could be here but of course the time share would be somewhat over loaded if you were. If you've not been to the islands it is a wonderful thing to experience. Unlike some trips where the water is uncertain and the food is strange coming here presents nothing but enjoyment. Yes prices are big higher here than at home but you can adjust to just using less to offset the extra expense.
So I bid you all a good evening. It is only 9:45 here but 11:45 at home and I'm feeling the effects of being up a long time today. Yet other than coughing I'm feeling great and feeling strong.

Love to all,

Tim

2 comments:

Bob and Carrol. said...

Good Morning Tim & Family,

We know the wonderful Weather You are living in from the several times that We shared the Beauty of HI. The last time We were there We had Our Family with Us Including Grand Parents. Now 5 of the 8 of Us are gone so a return visit might be a difficult time for Us. So many Memories of better Times are over there.

Carrol continues to heal from Her Knee replacement and is moving very well, 8 days post-op.

Her Hospital Room Mate who also had a Knee done at the same time will be here to visit tomorrow for Lunch. She and Her Husband are staying in their Motor Home at Cal/Expo while She recovers. They will be going back to LA on Friday after Her Stiches are removed. Carrol's come out the same Day too.

Today it is cloudy and cool 53 right now, lots of Rain last night,over an inch they say. We need every drop things are so very dry around here.

Have a Great Vacation with Your Dear Ones and a safe Trip Home.

Love You,

Bob & Carrol.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your time in the sun with your family, and don't worry about a thing!! Just relax, and think sunny, pleasant thoughts.
Merry Christmas to you...
Love, Judy (Cate)