Sunday, December 6, 2009

Brrr, its cold here these days




OK OK I know I'm not getting snow like Houston or really cold weather like Rhode Island or Conn. Yes I know we in California tend to shout freezing when the weather is below 40 degrees but still it is cold here, I may have to buy firewood. The wood I brought from Jerry's in the bay of the motorhome is getting used up, darn.


After the big night with the ladies I slept in until 9:30 this morning. That is the latest I've slept in for years and years. It actually felt good. Once I climbed out from bed at the dogs prompting I came down and had a breakfast of cereal, rice milk and fruit. Then I prepared for the appraisal in a little town known as Pacheco. It is a tiny area nestled between Martinez and Concord. The house was in good shape and the broker told me this is the 11th house the buyers have tried to buy but they have been beat on all the rest with higher bidders against them. Looks like they will get this one.


When I went to the garage to start the bug it refused to crank over fast enough to start. The little charger was pretty low and would not do the trick either. So I went for the van which was low on fuel. So with the onboard computer telling me I had 67 miles before empty I left. Since there was not rush I drove 65 and it got 23.7 miles per gallon. It was fun to ride in comfort and with a seat heater, that was Marilyn's favorite feature! Just ask her. She likes it even in the summer when its 110 outside!


Just as I finished up it started to sprinkle and I headed back. Now with the computer telling me I had even fewer miles left I slowed to 60. Do you know how angry that makes people, someone driving 60! Well I made it back to the club and what a mental war that was. Common sense said, get home and work, but my commitment said do the workout now, you won't get back to do it later. So I went to the club and did my thing. Afterwards I was very glad I did but my blood sugar was low so I rushed home to eat some little tiny rolls that Joyce had sent home with me with some Scallops that Pam had brought. She brought me sacks of food and as I began to put it away I was overwhelmed with all the selection of foods. Most are from her days with Nutrisystem and they are specially created to help with weight loss. She must have brought be 6 sacks of goodies. I had one this afternoon and it was very tasty, thank you Pam and Merry Christmas to you too.


I settled in to write an appraisal and finished it a little while ago. Now I'm working on the one I saw today. Seems I have lots of loose ends to pull together this week as I look forward to taking a brief mission trip to Kona this coming Saturday. I can't believe it is here already and I have so many reports to finish before I leave.


This evening I've been trying to download the program into my laptop for the trip but it hangs up and won't let the program in. Not good!


I'm going to include a couple photos with tonights blog, one is the little tree at Nan's gravesite standing guard. The other is Keanna helping with the tree.


So I'm sending love to all this evening, stay warm my friend, pray that the horrible health care mess they are pushing through will be stopped. Only 35% of Americans support the plan but they seem determined to cram it down our throats anyway. We pay taxes for it for 4 years before it does anything for anyone. This is a mess and only our calls and emails can make them think again about doing a better job of fixing the problems.


Good night to all,




love




tim

No comments: