Thursday, December 17, 2009

Home

Dear Family and Friends,
Arrived home at 11:30 after a really enjoyable flight. We were held up in Honolulu since the plane took 7 hours to come over when it normally takes a little over 5 hours. Bad weather forced them to fly to LA before coming across to Hawaii. In spite of the plane being about 2 hours late they turned it around quickly and at 3:15 we were in the air, it was supposed to be 1:33. However a very strong jetstream of over 100 mph pushed us home in just over 4 hours so we arrived less than an hour late. My seat mate was a really great guy who has lived his whole life in Hawaii and was on his way solo to spend Christmas with his daughter and family who live in Orinda. He lost his wife 5 years ago and is pretty sure he is going to remain single. He was a joy to fly with. The airline did a great job with excellent food, plenty to drink including lots of bottled water, just the right cabin temperature and great service.
I am so grateful to Nikki and Steve for allowing me to join them for the 6 days. I had such a great time with the kidos, great food, beautiful scenery and it was great to get to spend some time with a very precious family.
Now its back to work and I feel honored to have work to do.
I would urge you to consider a trip to the islands even if you have to save and plan for years to do it. It is a very relaxing place of intense beauty, peaceful lifestyles and stunning sunsets.
So now I'm heading to bed. I have two very excited little doggies at my feet, glad to have me home.
Love to all,

Tim

1 comment:

Deborah W said...

Welcome home; I enjoyed your posts and photos from Hawaii - what a great place to spend quality time with family! Amazing that you also got some work done! Turn the heat up in your house until you've transitioned back to this colder climate! We're socked in with fog here in Benicia - I hope you have more sun than we do. Still, it's a glorious day!

Deborah