Friday, December 4, 2009

Friends and family lend moral support


Dear Family and Friends,

It is 9:55 and I am totally exhausted. I knew this would be a challenging day but I did not expect the outpouring of support that has happened. Friends and family have checked in today with support and were quick to listen and reminisce with me about living with Nan and then losing her. George Miller called and his call set the tone for the day, it was supportive, he shared and encouraged and his words lifted my spirits. Then I had the high privilege of lunch with Roger and Carol at the Olive Garden in Stockton. After lunch I drove to Modesto where I inspected a little house that is bank owned. As I was in the house walking around Dana called and in the course of the conversation mentioned that she was wearing her angel today. Later as I was driving home Sharon called to say she was also wearing her angel. For those of you who don't know Nan loved collecting angels and had a special source of angels so this was a common thread between the ladies. Irene also called this afternoon and we shared a few very precious minutes remembering Nan and Irene's loving care of her in so many different places over the years. I know Irene will not mind me mentioning that she really needs our prayers as she is facing serious health threats and her life is difficult right now. That she found the strength to call was deeply touching to me, what a lady she is.

Of course I've spent time with Nikki and Jason today and both are doing well yet saddened as they too remember so much about their mom.

This evening I've heard from Art and Pam and also had wonderful emails from friends. In spite of the wonderful support I'm drained this evening. I had such wonderful plans to join with Keanna in setting up the tree and decorating it. Well we got as far as cutting off the netting, Keanna appeared in the garage with scissors and took care of that. Then she used the drill to put a hole in the bottom of the trunk so we could insert the stand we use. After we stood it up she found a box by noticing that the word Christmas was written across it. Sharon had carefully wrapped delicate Christmas decorations and Keanna unwrapped an angel and hung it on the tree, that is the picture at the head of this blog.

I made dinner for us and now Keanna is sleeping in the carefully made bed, thanks Jason and Jo. Before retiring Keanna read me an entire book nearly flawlessly and was so proud of herself for doing so. I was a bit proud too of her.

So together we made it through the day and we honored Nan in the process.

Thank you for your grand support and genuine love over these past two years since her passing.

love to each and every one of you.


Tim

No comments: