Friday, December 11, 2009

Ready for some sunshine

Dear Family and Friends,

This morning started really early, I was so concerned that I might miss the alarm that I slept very poorly last night. We loaded up the van in the cold air and the girls were excited. Kallie has never been on a plane before other than the last Hawaii trip before she was born. It was hard to see them leave all loaded to the hilt with child seats, suitcases, bags but they seemed to make it in OK. I've not heard from them since so I'm assuming that the trip went well and that they are settled into the wonderful Hilton. They are staying one night and it should be really exciting for all of them, there is so much to see there and do.

After I delivered my precious cargo it was too early to take photos so I drove slowly over to El Cerrito and located the property. 5,200 sf of splendid home at the top of the hill with a panoramic view of everything Bay wise. I was there to do a driveby for a foreclosure so it was sort of sad. The fog made it almost impossible to do my work and the photos are not my best.

After I left the hill I located a gas station as the van said it had one mile left in the tank. I found a MasterCard that worked, that was nice.

The next stop was in Concord and the people were great. Older retired folks who raised 5 kids and are now enjoying grandchildren and great grandchildren. The weather was very cold and nasty so I wore a coat for a change. When I was through with the appraisal inspection I headed to PetCo for dog and cat food. Then it was home to work and I've been at it ever since other than a quick run in the rain to the bank to try to work things out. Checks I counted on being here today did not come. That sort of sent me over the edge for awhile until I figured a way out.

Once again Loree is coming to the rescue and she will deposit the checks on Monday. What a life saver she is.

Now I'm about to throw a few things in a bag for the trip and I'll be ready. Packing for a trip to the big island is pretty simple. Since it will be about 80 degrees every day and there will be no formal events shorts and simple shirts are in order along with tennis shoes and sandals. A hat or two and a swimming suit rounds it out. Of course for me there is my cpap machine for sleeping and a laptop for keeping in touch. Cell phone chargers and the camcorder and some books to listen to on the trip, that should about cover it.
I am very apprehensive about this trip due to the money involved and 4 days without working. However orders are way down right now and I think a break will be a good thing. I love to spend time with my kidos and this way I won't have to constantly say, well I've got to work now.
I wish you were coming with me, having company would be great. Maybe next time!
So I wish all of you aloha.

Tim

No comments: