Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A strange time

Do you ever go on vacation mentally before you actually board the plane? I think I am experiencing a bit of pre vacation blues today. It was so cold when I woke that the dogs and I decided to just stay put for awhile. Finally we just had to jump up and into the shower. By the time I came down the furnace had warmed the house but I sensed that it was pretty cool outside. Later in the day when I went out I noticed a layer of thick ice in a little pool of water that had collected in the boat cover. I mean ice, not frost. Perhaps it really did get cool here last night.
Once the heater cycled back for the day to 62 the house quickly dropped its warmth. Starr the pug was shivering so I pointed a very special radiant heater at their little bed in the office and hoped I would get a bit of the warmth too. The next thing I noticed was both of them in their little bed enjoying the warm air. I've been cold most of the day and finally relented and built a fire, that helped a lot but I had to use one of my precious pieces of wood from Jerry's place in the process.
This evening Lois and Ray tempted me out for bargain pizza night. It was fun to take a break. I had planned to go to the club tonight to work out but I have a very sore spot in my chest which I think might be related to working out so I'll give it one more day before I go back.
Once again I am at that point where no new orders have come in for days and while I'm busy working up what I've already seen before long I'll be out of work but since I'm heading to Kona soon perhaps it is best. Yes it is hard to believe that by this time next week I'll be roughing it on the beaches with the temperature about 80 degrees and getting to be with the kidos.
Love

tim

No comments: