Thursday, March 20, 2008

Are you OK?

Hi There,
I'm wondering about this thing we lovingly call life, is it worth the effort? Often the answer is a resounding yes, when you look in the face of a grandchild, yes, when to struggle to survive well maybe.
Ken and I walked in very brisk air this morning, then the morning progressed for me and as it passed I got more and more tired and was feeling strange. It was not like a normal low blood sugar feeling, it actually caused me some concern. I had lunch and purposely included grapes and some grape/berry juice to try to spike my blood sugar but when I came back to the office I sought a nap in my chair. After sleeping for some time I woke to feel better but I had lost a lot of time. Knowing that if I completed an appraisal from Martinez I could deliver it and pick up a check was the encouragement I needed but before I could work on it I had to deal with yet more conditions, lenders add new things they want to have included in appraisals we have already completed, oh that they had been more cautious when it counted, when they were making the stupid loans over the past two years. Now everyone is super cautious and it adds hours to our appraisal writing process as we try to outguess what they will want next. And then there was a decision from FHA which really boggles the mind. While they are touting there loans as the answer for people who want to buy a bank owned property they have this little rule. A property has to be in one owners name for 90 days before FHA will do a loan on it. That means a bank owned property has to be owned by that bank for 90 days before FHA will consider making a loan to a potential buyer. A really worthless rule for these times. The banks want to unload properties as soon as they can and now they can't sell them until 90 days passes. So two appraisals had to be rewritten out of FHA rules and into a conventional loan today due to this rule and of course all that work was work I cannot charge for so time, my only valuable commodity is wasted.
Finally I had the conditions cared for and could concentrate on producing the appraisal for Martinez. As soon as I was done and it was printed I drove it to Martinez, picked up a check and drove back by way of Olive Garden for 1 bowl of salad and 1 bowl of soup and just water this time, cheaper and I don't need iced tea late at night. Now I'm home but will go to the bank yet with a deposit tonight, the accounts both need help once again.
I can see I will not make it to Hanford this week. Tomorrow I go to Antioch for a FHA at noon and then 2:30 in Modesto and then I meet with an agent who has a check for a report I emailed out today, checks are nice! I hope to see one in Stockton as well tomorrow but have not heard back yet. This has been a very slow week order wise. Probably the worst week yet.
I have send photos of the stair chair over to Steve who will put it in Craig's list. it would be nice to get it into the hands of someone who needs assistance between levels in their home and I could use the funds as well.
I got to talk to both Nikki and Jason today, that is such a lift for the day. Both are doing well and enjoying life. I'm getting really anxious to see the new little baby. She is on schedule and is growing well, kicking up a storm and making Steve and Nikki's life interesting. Keanna is looking forward to her new little sister too.
I hope you are OK, I'm not sure if I am or not but I'll keep going through the right motions and hope eventually things will get better on all fronts. Right now there is little joy other than in the people I love and who love me.
Take care my friends, my family. Happy Easter and my we remember the joy of a risen Lord this weekend.
love

tim

ps There are some really cute photos of Timothy that Julie took. The address is: http://picasaweb.google.com/julieszto/TIMOTHYBABY?authkey=RknE0smqdQc

3 comments:

Deborah W said...

Hi Tim,
Found your blog recently and am enjoying following it. Read many of your past posts. Very sorry to read of your Nan's passing; glad you are working hard to enjoy your life in spite of the loneliness. I'm sure you know there are lots of people out here who care about you and wish you all the best! Deborah/Benicia.

Anonymous said...

Hey Tim,

Your day sounded a bit scary to me.... What's going on? Are YOU ok? Maybe a bit slower walk until you get back to the cardiologist? Take care of yourself! In know ~ you are trying your best. We are concerned about you though.

Our "kids" are slowing learning their job. They do a good job on what they know. We are going to try to go to Dollywood on Monday. At least we will be available by cell phone. It's the "Festival of Nations" ~ one of Nan's favorite times.

I'd better get busy. My Dad just called. He is driving out to get some spring water. At 93 I do wish he wouldn't drive ~ but did you ever try to tell a 93 year old what to do?

Have a safe day, a blessed and restful week end,

Love ~ Carol

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,

Looks like You have a full plate to deal with today. Hope the Checks become a reality and the driving goes well too.

We have Choir Practice tonight and We need it! Our Director was sick with this Flu Bug and We missed two Rehersals so tonight will be it for Sabbath Service.

Sorry that You can not come over for Sabbath but We understand , The Family Comes First!

Should be a warm weekend with lots of Sunshine.

Our Yard Man is finally well again and Yesterday He got things Trimmed Up around here and it looks pretty good again. He is only 41 years old and is having severe problems with Arthritus in His Knees. I May have to get a different Service if He does not improve. I have a good replacement lined up in case that becomes necessary.

Have a good Weekend and as Carol writes, Take Care of Yourself !

Love & Prayers,

Bob & Carrol.