Saturday, March 22, 2008

A joyous day with family




Dear Friends and Family,
Welcome to our new friend from Benicia. I just happen to love her town and its nice to have a part in her life.
This morning Ken and I walked our 2.5 miles in 49 minutes, then a quick shower and yogurt before driving to pick up Ms Keanna. She had finished her breakfast, was in a beautiful dress from Grandma Jill in Tracy and we drove off to Tracy. But we hit a detour so wasted a few precious minutes. When we arrived at Sabbath School the room was filled with boy and girls. We joined in and the lesson was excellent. The craft was fun, pinecones with peanut butter and then dipped in bird seed. At home it becomes a bird feeder. Clever. The kids had a blast with the peanut butter. The to Olive Garden to meet up with Nikki. A great lunch with excellent waiter. I've included a photo of our happy group. Then they went their way and I came home for a nap. At 2 I woke and headed out for Jason and Jo's place on the ocean near Aptos. I delivered stuffed animals, a book, an Elmo to his highness. He was smiling and started crawling. He also pulls himself up now. Go Timothy. Then later we ordered Chinese food, it was excellent. Then at 7 I left for a quick visit to Art and Connie's. They were playing Mexican Train dominos with friends and it was fun to observe. Then back on the road for home. I arrived a few minutes ago at 10:35, fed the fish, talked to precious Starr and Lady, fed them treats, made a hot chocolate for myself and now I'm blogging.
What a wonderful day, I have that emotion inside that is especially touched by spending time with my kids and their kids. It seems to make everything else worth it and we openly talk about how much we miss mom and different things we remember. It helps to know I'm not the only one with the heart ache yet I am so sorry they have to experience it at all. If Nan were alive she would be all over this Easter time making sure to do her part to add fun and meaning for the grandkids. There is no way I can step in and cover everything she did on the same level that she did but I'm not about to quit trying. Timothy is big, strong and loves to smile and laugh. Keanna is more and more coming up with comments that demonstrate just how bright and engaged she is in the life around her. Watch what you say, you might hear it again coming from her at the most amazing time.
Joy is the best word to describe these precious gifts from God and soon there will be another one, I can't wait for the newest princess to make her appearance.
It was so good to read the emails and comments to the blog that came in during the day. Thank you for your help.
Well I'm seeing a local property in the morning at 10 am and will need to have a response / value by evening. I guess you know why I do such things, its the money when I work on weekends. Cash in hand. yes.
I hope you enjoy the photos I have included. Life is a pretty big challenge with constant concerns over my hearts condition, eye glasses that are severely scratched, broken tooth, spinning room when ever I lie down or get up, constant pain in my inner ears. Nothing to severe but all things I need to deal with eventually. Yet I feel so much better now than 3 months ago. I believe Nan would be very happy with the progress I am making. Now I need to make more progress and dump some weight.
Good night my friends and family, you are very precious to me.

love

tim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Tim,

Missed You Yesterday but so glad that Your day went well with Your dear Ones.

Our Musical Sabbath Service at the Farimont Church went well with the ever present help of the Angels that are so very near when We are singing Praises to the Lord on His Holy Day.

We send You greetings from Glen & Joyce.

We saw the Heritage Singers last evening at English Oaks and enjoyed their Music once again as We have done so many times in the past 37 years that they have been at their Ministries of Music.

Greetings from Lloyd & Bernice, they were there at the Heritage Concert too, Also Wayne & Vonnie Young send their best. He will be giving his Final Sermon as Pastor on the 29th. Time to retire. The Church will miss Him.

Have a good Easter Day,

Love You,

Bob & Carrol.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,

What a nice day with family ~ all the kids and grand kids! How special. Yes, that's a good reason to take care of yourself.

We're doing "training" today. Simple things that most of us already know. They seem to learn quickly and will probably do ok. We are headed into the busy season, so we don't have much time for learning. Tomorrow we do a "trial run". We are going to DollyWood, so they will be here on their own. Cell phones work fortunately......

Have a good week and keep that bug "tied" together a little longer.

Love ya' ~ Carol