Friday, March 21, 2008

Loren finds new profession...


Dear Friends and Family,
If you look carefully at the photo I have posted you will see that there are little ties holding the bottom of the screen to the car. Loren did that. When we arrived in Modesto today we found the ties I had already used had failed and the bottom of the screen / grill was dragging on the pavement. What to do, well super body and fender man Loren directed me to a nearby auto parts store where we obtained about 100 ties of various colors. He then proceed to reassemble the broken pieces of the grill and directed me to install ties. When we were all done it looked so good that people stopped pointing at the car as we drove by. Thanks Loren you can work wonders!
This morning I walked the dogs to the park, had a light breakfast, worked until time to leave for lunch at the Dunstons. Only a very silly person would miss that opportunity. The food was great, I mean outstanding. Then we loaded up for Modesto where we found our subject for the appraisal, asked them if we could come back and went in search of a lady with a money order, her directions were a bit off but we found her, collected the check, then back tracked to the house, did the appraisal, shot the comps and headed for Stockton to meet Pam who had clever little items for Timothy to celebrate Easter with. Then we headed back to Loren's home in Tracy to arrive just in time for dinner. Red potatoes, little vege meat items in sauce, broccoli, olives, carrots and pie. Wow I feel like I've been to heaven. I even got to bring some food home where it safely waits in the frig for Sunday. Oh yes and there were some cookies, well something happened to many of the cookies this evening.
It was great to have Loren along for the ride, he puts up with my driving without panic, guides me to right addresses and we get a chance to listen to great music and to catch up on the worlds problems and our solutions.
Tomorrow I get to walk with Ken at 7:30 and take Keanna to SS at 9. Then lunch with Nikki and Keanna and head down to see Jason and Jo and little Timothy. What a great day to look forward to.
As I look back over the week it seems very long, all the way from the cardiologist's pronouncements, to seeing a few properties, to trying to stretch a few dollars to cover many things, eating even more carefully, walking, catching up with people like Sharon, Pam, my own kids, seeing Keanna in action at tumbling...... many things to be thankful for. I have issues, we all do, mine seem troubling because there are no quick fixes for most of them. It took me a long time to get this unhealthy and it will take some time to regain lost ground.
I was so touched to hear from Deborah in Benicia today. I'm not sure I know who she is but I was sure glad to hear from her and it reminded me of how much I enjoyed visiting Benicia this week, what a beautiful place to live, to enjoy.
Please enjoy family time this Easter weekend. Touch each other, hold hands, lock eyes, enjoy the full moon, take time to love each other, to talk to your kids, to listen to your teens, soon the next phase of your life will happen and this phase will be gone forever. Are you enjoying it to the fullest? Could you watch a little less TV and invest a bit more in people with your time and energy?
I love you and I am lifted by your love as it comes to me in so many different ways. Yesterday it arrived in the mail, the return address was Bird, Norwood OH. thank you so much for your thoughtfulness.
love

tim

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,

We had a good practice session last evening and are looking forward to a good Sabbath Day.

Do enjoy the time with Your Family and friends and drive safely.

Carrol's regular Clinic appointment is Monday 24th so that will be a long day for Us. We will not have new numbers to ponder till next month as Lab work is not on the docket till April 10th.

Looks like the "Bug" is in need of some "Real" Body Surgery just let Me know when and We will get that detail taken care of.

Have a good safe Sabbath Day,

Love You,

Bob & Carrol.

Deborah W said...

Hi again Tim,

No, you don't know me. I'm just a random person in Benicia who found your blog and enjoy reading it.

(If I remember right it popped up via my google alert on "Benicia." I get notified anytime that word appears in a blog or website.)

Now I'm "subscribed" to your blog so anytime you update it I get an alert. Kinda like stalking, eh? Well, I hope you don't mind.

I enjoy and learn from your philosophy of Life. Keep posting!

Deborah

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,

Oops!~ I nearly missed another blog! What's with me lately?

I hope you had a blessed day today. As you are continually finding out ~ your blogs reach people you don't even know. Your honesty and candor touch many of us.

You mentioned that you "have issues" and yours seem more troubling. Of course they are more troubling ~ that's because they are your issues. Each of us feel our own more keenly than someone else's.

I hope you have a good week with lots of work, lots of checks coming in and good health.

Love ~ Carol