Friday, March 7, 2008

At long last the week draws to a close


Dear Family and Friends,

9 pm Friday evening, Loma Linda TV is on with soft music playing and beautiful pictures. Bob and Carrol provided dinner tonight at The Old Spaghetti Factory in Stockton, good food and even better company. So good to see them again and they are doing great!

As you can see from the photo they were all smiles for the camera. Bob had located a 2 for one offer, leave it to Bob to find the good deals, there is a lot I can learn from these two.

As I look back at the week there were many positive moments along with some that were just tolerable and a few that were plain hard to cope with. I think I'm beginning to be able to place Nan in a propert context, that we had a marvelous life together with adventure, hard work, sometimes danger, excitement especially as Nikki and Jason grew into adults. Personally we had wonderful times just being together. I was granted the special privilege of observing the growth of a beautiful woman from her teens to maturity, from timidity to being in charge, a woman with very special talents and gifts, musically, cooking, traveling, motherhood and grandparent hood, a great and loving friend to family and others she met. A very solid adult who was a giver. Facts are I had it very good. I knew it at the time and I know it now as I take stock of what I have lost.

So I have lived through another week, this week more checks have come in than bills, I've walked over 15 miles, I driven hundreds of miles with safety, dealt with millions of dollars worth of real estate, slept soundly every night, had more than enough to eat, had interaction with wonderful friends and family. Yes I've been blessed.

All of us who know Roger and Carol are hoping and praying that the couple visiting them this weekend might be the ones to help them. They need a real break. At least they are feeling much better this weekend than last. And our Nikki is battling a cough and shortness of breath that goes along with it. The baby is doing fine and Nikki is so strong that she seems to take everything in stride. Next week she is in special classes so Steve and I will have to step up to the plate and help with Keanna more but that is a work of joy.

I have new orders for places like Holister, Modesto, Oakland. Very little ever comes through that is located nearby it seems.

I am very appreciative of you, of your faithness in reading and caring about what is happening in our family. We all know we are certainly not the only ones that are hurting, feeling economic pinchs, coping with stress and loss. I write this blog to share what is happening with me and with the family for the purpose of letting you in, in hopes you find courage, life lessons and a greater awareness of the blessings you have near you. I'm begging you to care for the ones that you would miss so much if there were gone. This evening they are not gone, they are right there with you or nearby. LET THEM KNOW HOW YOU FEEL, KEEP LETTING THEM KNOW HOW YOU FEEL, IT IS NOT WASTED EFFORT. MEN THIS IS FOR YOU TOO, ITS OK TO LET YOUR FAMILY KNOW WHAT YOU FEEL, HOW MUCH THEY MEAN TO YOU, DON'T WAIT, DON'T THINK IT WOULD WEAKEN YOUR POSITION OR YOUR AUTHORITY, IT WILL ENHANCE YOUR PLACE IN THEIR HEARTS.

Enough preaching but from my perspective, I have no further chance to say anything affirmative to Nan. Fortunately I think she was totally clear on how I felt toward her and how much I admired her, her courage, her faith, her heart. Yes I did get a chance to say everything I felt inside and I got to say it over and over again, we both did. I have no regrets now. I passed that test. I just don't want you to put off taking the test until it becomes too late. Speak up while you can and while that special someone can hear what you have to say. Both Sylvia and I are dealing with a fact that is so hard to grasp and accept, there are no reruns, no second chances, they are not coming back. I think we are both accepting that more as the days go by, that is until some new tiny event happens and bam we get hit over the head in a new way again with reality.

I spoke to Jerry at about 4:30 and he and Donna had about 100 miles to go as they pulled the huge trailer home to Weed. The trip was going perfect, all the mechanical stuff was working well and Jerry was happy, I could hear it in his voice. I am so glad he is retired and can rest up a bit now.

Good night my friends and family, every word you speak, every email you send is like a very special message of love and I thank you.

Tim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Tim,

Great time last evening at the Factory. It was so good to visit with You and enjoy a good meal at the same time.

We share in Your joy at getting things back to a more "Normal State" in Your Life.

Carrol made it to the Church in time for the "Ladies Only" meeting with the Pastors Wife. I trust that Your Drive Home was not a problem as it can so many times be on Hwy #4.

It looks like We will be having a beautiful Sabbath Day and a few more days to come of the same.

Things are getting so green and so many blossoms are popping out. Our Park is ablaze with Color and lots of Mom's with their Little ones at play on the Swings,etc.

Have a great weekend and good luck with finally getting the Christmas Tree & Decorations put away till next Year. You will have a "New Grand Child to deal with when Christmas rolls around this Year. Little Timothy will be walking about and will have His hands full with Two Girl Cousins to deal with. Will He have His Grandpa's ability to deal with all the fuss?

See You soon,

Bob & Carrol.

Anonymous said...

Hey Tim,

I hope you have had a blessed restful day. Don't Bob and Carrol look good? They never seem to change very much through the years. Some people are just fortunate.

Well, it looks like we may have some help.... They haven't given us the final word as yet, but this a.m. when I asked her if she slept well she said, "No, I couldn't sleep. I was too excited!" That sounds like good news to me. They are a very sweet little couple. The baby is experiencing some stress with all the change and confusion. I think he will settle down soon.

It is COLD!!! Current temperature is 28 and windy! Brrrr! Snow was in the forecast, but we only got a few flurries here. Roger did get into some in the mountains today. Roger is now driving the church school's 16 passenger bus with the trailer behind for their choir concerts. No rest ~ drive, set up, direct, take down and drive home. He is rather wiped out tonight. I wish someone else could drive the bus. He is the designated driver for the bus, however.

Tomorrow we have 3 cottages to clean. I think the young couple is going to do it. Yea!!! They are without power at their house in GA, so are in no hurry to go back. This way they can earn a few $$$ while they wait and we don't have to do it!!!

Have a great week~

Love ~ Carol