Monday, March 10, 2008

Happiness is a safe trip home

Dear Friends and Family,
Some days get really long. This has been one of them. I slept rather poorly last night, perhaps to much brown rice to late in the evening! I woke this morning knowing I had some serious work to get done. Not taking time to walk I managed to complete a difficult appraisal for local property with a log home and inlaw manufactured home. Then quick research finished I hit the road. First to Oakland to see a small well kept home with very sweet people, then the comps shot, then I shot comps for one I could not finish last Friday, then new comps in Emeryville for a duplex report that needs to be freshened up. Then I headed to Modesto, leaving Berkeley at 4 pm I knew traffic would be challenging. However by using various routes I arrived in Modesto at 5:45, was able to see the home there and shoot comps, find a much needed bathroom, can we say bursting! Then some salad and soup at Olive Garden and a home arrival around 8:30. This old body was really glad to leave the car for the evening. All day the news about the New York governor, the same crime fighter who was so hard on so many people on Wall Street imposing his idea of justice, well now he is about to experience some justice of a different kind. Can we say rejection. I felt so sorry for his poor wife and family, this was not about them and here they are having to go to school to face other kids, a wife who has backed him through it all. You can't help but feel sorry for the mess. We are all human, we all make mistakes, when a governor makes them they are just big news but the hurting by everyone is real just the same.
Tomorrow I will be here in this office working to complete many reports, then make appointments for orders that are sitting waiting, Hollister, San Bruno, Oakland, Concord, martinez. Today Keanna and her daddy are both sick and Nikki is slowly recovering, this flu really hits people hard and it seems to be hitting everywhere.
It was so nice to walk into a clean and orderly family room this evening, now the office needs attention.
Sylvia had a great idea the last time we talked. I'm wanting to share Nan's clothing with people who could benefit from having nearly new things. Her suggestion was to find out sizes and I thought I might take pictures of a couple outfits and put them on the blog and include the sizes and the material if I can figure that out. Then if you happen to think you could use that outfit I'll ship it to you or if you know someone who might enjoy it I'll ship it to them. I'll do the same for shoes. Nice idea, now I've just to find the time to do it.

So good night my friends and family, Sharon is just about to make the huge leap into her new home, Roger and Carol have new help on the way, my brother Jerry is getting used to being home and retired and I'm still reading my way through the books Karen was so kind to send. Relax Karen about the new book you have in mind, I've not made it through the ones you sent yet. I only have so much time to read while I am eating.

love to all

tim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,

Just back from the Concert(Saxophobeia) at Hutchen's Street Square. Very good entertainment for 2 Hours.

Good trip to Jackson with the Seniors followed by Dinner at AppleBee's, Full day indeed.

Praise the Lord for Roger & Carol's new Employees. We will Pray that they will do a wonderful job for these Dear People.

Glad that You had a safe day and that the Tree has been Retired.

Love You,

Bob & Carrol.