Sunday, March 23, 2008

A good Easter


Dear Family and Friends,
Tonight's report will be brief as I'm completing an appraisal yet tonight of a property I saw this morning.
After seeing the local property I enjoyed a visit to see Keanna in action. She and her mommy had colored eggs and when I arrived Nikki went out to the front yard to hide them. Steve has such great landscaping that there were many places for them to hide. Keanna burst out of the house and went to work. Slowly she worked the yard until she found all 17 of them for her little Easter bucket. They she wanted to hide them for her Pappa which she proceeded to do. She did a great job of hiding them and I could find all but one, finally we found the last one and since the shell was cracked I got to eat it. Steve was putting spring touches on his plants and bushes and we had a really fun time. Finally I headed home to work but feel asleep in my chair. When I woke it was just the right time to go next door where I was invited to have Easter dinner. What great food LeAnn and family had created. That was a very nice surprise to be able to spend the time with them. Then home to work again but soon it was time to head to Walnut Creek for a chance to spend a few minutes with my friend Amanda. We have gotten to know her over the years and she and I exchange emails from time to time so we caught up with each others families and how we are each doing in our lives, then she had to go as she has to be at the airport at 5 in the morning for LA where she works during the week. I drove home through the beautiful Marsh Creek Canyon, greeted the dogs, fed the fish, made a hot chocolate and sat down to work again. I'm trying to slug through creating the appraisal yet tonight but I've decided that sometimes I am just a bit lazy. Harsh point to become aware of.
Yet as I look over this weekend I've been so blessed to be able to spend time with the family, friends and even to be able to squeeze in a bit of work which paid at the door, yes!
Happy Easter to all and like Keanna told me, Good Friday is when Jesus died and Sunday / Easter is when Jesus rose up and went to Heaven, her words. Not bad for a 4 year old!
Yes we all have hope and are able to look at ourselves in the mirror day by day because of the love and life of Jesus. He puts meaning into this mad rush we call life. He gives us the smiles and giggles of little children, the precious moments with family and friends. In spite of a world gone mad there are still precious and tender moments when life is so special and worth it all.
Love to all,

Tim

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning from NC!

Yes, it's early... We're heading out to DollyWood today. I never go there without thinking about Nan. She really loved the "Festival of Nations" there ~ we both did and we enjoyed it together many times.

I'm glad you had such a nice Easter and time with your family this week end. Family really does make life worth keepin' on. I miss mine so much at times. We are so far away and they are so busy with their own lives.

Our spec house is finally under contract!!! We had a horrible realtor! Now that it is "for sale by owner" we have had some activity on it. We could never reach our Realtor by phone and the counter on the lock box never worked. She was always "going to fix it" and never did (6 months). One offer was written on a Tuesday, she faxed it to us at noon on Thursday with a note saying we should seriously consider it and that it expires at 4:00 p.m. We had some questions and tried to call her back ~ no answer. We called the office ~ they would get back to us. They NEVER did get back to us. How's that for communication?

I'd better get busy ~ I have things to do before we can leave for the day.

Have another good week with lots of checks coming in for the work you are doing.

Love ~ Carol

Deborah W said...

Hi Tim, I'm glad you had a great Easter even though you also had to work. I am self-employed, too, and suffer from the procrastination/lazy bug. I'm distracted by so many things! I love your photos of your family. My family members are my best friends and the majority of my social circle. Of course, it's large, so it's hard to squeeze in anyone else but do find time for friends as well. They are a constant reminder that life is worth living, kooky as it is! Have a great day. Deborah

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,

Glad that Your Easter was so much fun. The Little Ones do so much enjoy the "Egg" thing.

We had a pretty good day at the Clinic , just over 3 hours this time and thankfully Carrol's numbers are good enough to stay off of Chemo for the next Month. More readings next Month on the 21st.

Looks like We are in for a wet week & weekend coming up. They are not saying to much about the wind, I hope that there is very little of that stuff.

Have a safe week & stay in touch.

Love You,

Bob & Carrol.