Thursday, March 13, 2008

Challenging time for Keanna and Timothy

Dear Family and Friends,
I'm just home from a quick visit with Timothy, oh yes and his parents Jason and Jo and Uncle Clayton. I needed to do an appraisal in Hollister which is just a few miles from MBA where they live. Yesterday it was discovered that Timothy is suffering from ear infections, one a 5 and the other a 8 which is even more severe. This afternoon as a backed the bug up to the garage Jo brought him out and as I looked up Timothy was grinning broadly and watching what I was doing. In spite of not feeling well he was all smiles and happiness. His antibiotics are beginning to work and he is sleeping better and suffering less. Keanna on the other hand had a fever again this evening and has battled the flu along with her daddy all week. We had hoped she would be well enough for a sleep over and Sabbath School but now that is in doubt. She is not very anxious to take the medicine she needs to take, 4 year olds really don't like medicine much and are old enough to begin to exert their little wills.
I had driven over to see the kids tonight for a reason. Recently the Yamaha golf cart dealership in Livermore had sold me two used batteries for a really good price and Jason and I had decided that of the 6 batteries in his golf cart 2 were bad, dead. So this evening we unhooked the "bad" batteries and set them aside and installed the newer ones I had brought. When we were all through we plugged in the charger and it blinked but would not accept a charge. We had devised a method to determine which batteries were dead which ones were OK using a trickle charger jason had borrowed. The golf cart store had said to do a quick charge on each battery one at a time. One by one we hooked up the charger allowing it to work for a few minutes and noting about 3 amps on the meter but two of the batteries would peg the meter past 12 amps and then the charger's little circuit breaker would break turning it off completely. I decided that meant the battery was totally dead. Well I had it exactly backwards. We put the charger on the newer batteries I had brought and found that they pegged the meter to 12 amps and we knew they were good and held a charge so we took the two batteries we had thought were totally bad and installed them in place of two of the batteries we had thought were totally good and then the charger amazingly came on and stayed on charging all the batteries. Success in spite of ourselves. My assumption was 100% wrong and yet we made it work. Both jason and I were delighted to see the charge kick in and begin to lift the batteries to full charge. Now we know if others are weak we can replace them for just $20 a piece. In comparison if you take the golf cart in for a new set of batteries they cost $1,000.
All too soon I had to head home, stopped ad Fuddruckers for a garden burger and salad then drove on home. And there were two checks in the mail, yahoo!
So my friend a good day with the dogs and I walking this morning, they loved it, then yummy breakfast, then a morning of calls and work, then a safe drive to Hollister through beautiful green hills and blue skies.
I find it interesting to observe what is happening with the Spitzer mess. The young girl involved has had 1 million hits at 98 cents per hit for one of her songs and someone estimated that she will make nearly a million dollars in the next 10 days. What a world we live in where the proud and mighty fall, gold is worth $1,000, diesel is $3.99 per gallon and stamps are now .41 cents. I think I need to raise my prices.
I want to take a moment and thank Irene who sent me a CD which arrived today, Don Moen, I will sing, praise music CD. I'll hear it the moment I start driving in the car tomorrow. Also special thanks to Karen Loomis, the book arrived today. How you find time to do the things you do I just don't understand. Thanks so much.
Now all I need to do is find some time each day for serious reading to catch up with all the good things that have come my way.
A special thanks to Jo and Jason who prepared a beautiful book of photos of Timothy and me, it is so precious and captures him since birth. What a nice surprise.
So good night my friends, my family. I love you all, I miss you all, I can't wait to hear from you or see you soon.
love

tim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning!

I'm not sure about me.... I missed another blog! Like I said, my days seem to be running into each other.

Our "help" arrived with overflowing truck and trailer about 11:00 last night. Her mother had called, was concerned and gave instructions to call as soon as they arrived. It seems their departure time keep moving later and later which brought them here later. The power was still off in their apartment, so they were unable to charge their cell phone. Thus no way to communicate. They were very tired and headed directly to their cottage for a good night's sleep. Today we unload the truck and trailer, clean 2 cottages and do the laundry. Fun?

Good news on your polyps. I'm glad you had it done. I have a friend who has stage 4 colon cancer which was discovered on a routine colonoscopy. NO symptoms. She had her last chemo treatment on Tuesday!

We start a new chapter in our lives with new help. I do have some reservations... They are young and have lived a rather protected life. Her life is centered around her 4 month old baby and doesn't move very fast most of the time. However, they are the best we have interviewed so far. We are looking forward to getting them "broken in" and be able to get away a bit more.

I hope your grandchildren get over this flu soon. I can attest to the fact that it is a mean one! Roger is still hacking away.

It sounds like you are doing ok. You are learning to cook, walking, watching your blood sugar and in general taking care of yourself. You will continue to have those not so good days for quite awhile yet, but they will become fewer as time goes on.

Have a blessed Sabbath and a restful week end.

Love ~ Carol

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,

What a busy Day You have had, Flu, Batteries, Many Miles and a Garden Burger, Can We say more!.

Looks like We are in for a wet weekend but as long as the wind stays away I can take the moisture. We need that for sure.

We are Praying that these new People will be the answer that The Peden's have been Praying so long for.

My Colon Procedure was complete with removal of the only pollup that He found all at the same time. everything was negative & He said that I was 100% clean.The Dr had informed Me that He would remove anything that was necessary (I think I signed a concent form) before they took Me on the Gurney ride. I suppose You have to drink that Flush stuff again for the removal apointment?

We will be at the Spaghetti Factory again this Evening about 5:30/6:00 You are welcome to join Us if You can.

Have a good Sabbath,

Love You,

Bob & Carrol.