Sunday, March 2, 2008

Out of the wind

Dear Family and Friends,
The wind really blew here last night. It woke me several times and even though my house has 2 x 6 walls I could still feel the force of the gusts. The lake was full of whitecaps this morning and as I woke up I slowly decided that walking outside was not going to happen. The next choice was to do nothing, well that was not considered for long as I believe the walking is a great help to my health. So the treadmill came to mind, since December the treadmill has been buried beneath a pile of Nan's clothes, my clothes, shoe boxes, trash and more clothes. Once my head cleared and stopped spinning as it does every morning when I first stand up, I started the clearing operation. Some items were trash, others needed folding, still others need to be given to worth causes. Finally the belt of the treadmill began to appear and finally it was ready to ride. I placed the laptop on the sloping instrument panel, turned on the auto fans and started walking. 48 minutes later I stepped off feeling really very good. There is one tiny problem. Its now 10:35 at night and bed is still piled high with items. After I finish these lines to you I'll go manage that. Ken and I have agreed to walk at 6:15 in the morning so I need some sleep between now and then.
Today I've worked at my desk for the bulk of the day. Oatmeal for breakfast, griller for lunch and dinner with Pam this evening at California Pizza Kitchen. I was ready for some conversation and I've been concerned about her ongoing leg pain, it was a shock to see her arrive walking with a cane. At this point no one has a clear handle on why she is still hurting so badly and she is about to get a second opinion. I had some yummy thin crusted pizza with eggplant, greens, sun dried tomatoes and who knows what else. It was perfect.
Then back home to make a bank deposit of one measly check, oh well, better than no check. Now its time to wind it up and rest.
How has your sunday been? I've enjoyed emails from Carol in N. Carolina, calls from brother Jerry, Art, clients and someone trying to sell me a newspaper, no thanks to that.
I'm trying to figure out where the working relationship with the Lord went after I lost Nan. I know from experience that the Lord has not moved away from me so I must be the one running away. I feel like He no longer takes my calls and I am left to my own devisings, not a very good place to be. This has been going on for some time and its takes quite a bit of effort just to exist anymore. I've sure appreciated having touch with the family this weekend. Today I got to talk to Jo and also heard Timothy talking up a storm. That was great to hear them both. Jo's mom Julie is just in from overseas and is adjusting to the jet lag process.
I have appointments set for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday already and plenty to do tomorrow here at the office. I'm going to try my hardest to get statements out to our clients urging them to pay something.

Thank you for your support this weekend. In some ways weekends are the hardest, that was the time that Nan and I could catch up on being together and we enjoyed our times together very much. I've not yet adjusted to being alone but I am surviving so far through it all.

Sending love from Starr, Lady, Moomoo, George and me,

Tim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,

Just a quick note to say that the Sun is shining brightly here and it looks like today will be very Spring like and comfortable.

We need to make a trip to CostCo today and will fill the Van there to save a few pennies per gallon.

I picked up the new OK. Quarter when we were in Reno, now there are only four more to complete the State sets that were started almost 10 Years ago. Some of them are very nice to look at and some are so drab and plain.

Have a good week and Drive with care, lot's of "Nuts" on the road these days.

I'm sure that God has not forgotten You, I sometimes feel the same way but then things happen to let Me know that He still cares,400 miles on the roads last four days and No Problems! someone was watching over Us.

Love You,

Bob & Carrol.