Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Good news from the doctor

Dear Family and Friends,
This morning I had an appointment with the doctor who did the colonoscopy. The visit took 5 minutes. He related that he took two polops out (I don't know how to spell the word). One was of no worry and the other is the kind that requires you to come back in three years for another colonoscopy since it is a type that can eventually grow into cancer if not taken out. I was relieved to hear him say I was fine.
Then I inspected a FHA purchase in nearby Oakley, then a follow up appraisal in Brentwood to one I did several years ago. That visit was incredible. The owner buys, collects very old radios and then restores them, makes them work and enjoys them. He must have had 10 or 15 sitting around the house and he showed me that each one worked. He has an amazing collection of old tubes in his shop in the garage. In addition he created a small version of a Chris Craft woodie, a tahoe wood boat that the wealthy used to enjoy in Lake Tahoe and other lakes. The boats are beautiful, sound great and are just a work of art. He has created a model from scratch which is about 3 feet long, has an engine, lights and is perfect. What patience and perfection.
Then it was time to race home where Loree had everything under control, making appointments for the rest of the week, setting up orders, playing with files... Thank you Loree for setting up the week. Then it was time to leave and drive to Martinez to see a couple brand new homes never lived in and not yet sold. What a time to have new homes completed with no buyers in sight. The homes are beautiful with hard wood floors, granite kitchens, crown moldings, custom cabinets, marble bathrooms. And they sit waiting for buyers. The bank wants to know what they are worth now so I'll give that a stab, who really knows in this market, what is true today might not be true tomorrow.
Then I fought my way back through some traffic, hit the new bypass and zoomed home. Once home I decided I needed vegetables so I made frozen corn, peas, vegetarian baked beans, lentils (well they was sort of an experience) did you know the water you put in when you start the lentils cooking may not still be there in the pot after 30 minutes. Well I do now, I nearly burned them and they do have a special flavor now, not too bad though. I also found some vege steak strips that Dana had purchased and fixed some of them for protein, not bad at all. Dinner out of the way I crashed into the recliner in my newly cleaned family room and watched some FOX news then channel surfed my way up to the Gilmore Girls, an old black and white movie about 4 sisters who were a gang of robbers, pretty tame stuff but I was rescued from boredom by a call from a client, Judy, then Art and finally by a owner who has a house I was to see tomorrow. There has been a death in the family and he will have to reschedule. Boy I understood what he was facing and told him to call me next week when he was ready for a new appointment. Then I drifted back into the office to write this epistle, to try to fix a computer that is on the outs and then head to bed. Sleep is pretty precious and I never seem to get started on the process early enough. Ken and I walked this morning and that was good, went quick and it was dark and cold when we started.
Steve and Keanna are just starting to get better, Keanna does not feel like eating yet and Steve can hardly move. Nikki is still partially sick but back at work, trying to save her sick days for when the baby comes.
So the day rushed by with plenty of action and adventure. Seems my life is going like that, rushing by with few moments for reflection or peace.
Roger and Carol had potential buyers looking again today, they are resigned to God's timing. At least they have this new couple who will help them and that part is exciting. Irene had a CT scan which has been reported to her as looking good, that my friend is great news!
So good night my precious and hardy friends, good night to each member of the family, you are the best in the world.
love

tim

No comments: