Monday, April 6, 2009

Another day

Good evening,
I'm just back from a quick dinner at the new Olive Garden in Stockton. This afternoon two orders came in and both were marked COD. Well that tends to get my attention so I called and made appointments, one was for Thursday but one said come tonight. So I left for manteca but just before I left the owner called back to say he had decided to not pay me and that it would come from escrow. Well that is nice but it will be at least a month from now instead of now. It was disappointing to say the least. The home was perfect and of course there were no comps in the entire project, a 55 and over Pulte development called Woodbridge. Once I was through I was really feeling hungry and just worn out. I've either sneezed or coughed constantly all day and along with the frustration of trying to master the new appraisal form which took hours to begin to understand I was ready for a break.
The Olive Garden in Stockton is brand new, very nice and was packed with hungry people. They let me eat at the bar so the service was perfect, the soup and salad quickly appeared and the water even tasted good. Now I'm home and sort of feel like a truck ran over me. Little things helped make the day special, my faithful HP1000 decided to have a laser misread and failed. So I switched it with the one on Nan's desk. At 554 miles I decided to buy diesel but the promised $2.26 on the sign was really $2.32 at the desk inside. The dog food ran out and there was no money in the mail. There was a special overnight envelope sticking out under the front mat and it contained a check for one FHA appraisal, $450. Mind you I completed the appraisal over two months ago and it took a trip to Roseville to do the work but being paid today felt very good. At the mailbox I discovered a nest of wasps which I dispatched with a can of raid I found in the garage.
It is nice to have the weather warm enough that the furnace can remain quiet and cost free. Anything to save a buck helps.
Good night my friend and family,

love

tim

No comments: