Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Interesting day


Dear Family and Friends,
Today was a little different from others. Gerry was here but was sleeping soundly when Ken and I did our routine around the lake. It was cold and hard work to get around. The Gerry rose and we had breakfast. He suggested we buy Ego's so we had frozen, toasted waffles for breakfast. They actually tasted great. Then as I worked for a bit in the office he did the back windows and the deck making them shine. Mid morning the small appliance repair guy arrived. He tackled the washer and found a real mess behind it. Turns out the washer is not leaking, that is the good news but the wall is leaking behind the washer, as the washer begins to drain water the water begins to seep out from the bottom of the wall. So I'll have to open up the wall, dry it out and solve the leak in the drain pipe. While he was moving things around I had him replace the vinyl air vent between the dryer and the wall with a legal one. He suggested that I allow him to clean out the air duct that extends clear across the house and comes out on the east side. It sounded good to me so he began. He had to cut away the current vent exit cover and then ran a little brush up the pipe, lint began to come out, then he added an extension to the brush and hooked it to his drill, more lint came out and after enough extensions he reached the dryer wall but as he did so we began to hear the sound of the dryer and to see debris flying out. I've included a photo of the pile of lint that was removed from the duct pipe. It is really amazing that the dryer could dry anything with a complete blockage in the line. That was money well spent.
After he left it was time for Gerry and I to drive to Taco Bell for lunch. Gerry was buying and we enjoyed a good meal.
Gerry loaded his Odyssey and headed home and I drove down to pick up Keanna. She was in rare form as usual and we headed to McDonalds. Then we went to the local park where she demonstrated that she is learning about monkey bars, scary to me, exciting to her. Finally we came back home and I worked, she used the copy machine, created a few pictures, played with her doll house and ended up watching the Disney channel until her mom came with Kallie.
Tomorrow I'll settle down once again for more intense work and I see three in the field from mid day on.
When I called Jerry, my brother, I expected to have sad news regarding Suzie but instead it was rather upbeat. Her appointment in SF went well today and it looks like the cancer has not spread, that the existing tumor lends itself to surgery. Tomorrow she will meet with the surgeon at UCSF but all of the family feels a bit better tonight about her future prospects. Thank you Lord.
Hoping you are having a good evening or morning.
Sending love to all,
Tim

No comments: