Monday, April 13, 2009

A lot is happening

Dear Family and Friends,
Would you believe I'm just in at 10 pm. Mid afternoon I decided I needed to get out and see some properties. So I drove to Concord and saw an interesting place, a sale, little house with 6 bedrooms. Oh my, that will be interesting to appraise. Then to a dear friend who has ordered appraisals for 20 years and learned that her husband is not doing so well, lots of health issues ganging up on him. We had a pretty straight talk about the reality of the situation. Then I left for Livermore. Interesting side story which really centers around having the world's greatest neighbors. They put up with so much from me. When I got back into the car after the second Concord inspection I reached for the Livermore file, it was not there, yep, it was safe back on my desk at the office. So I dialed up LeAnn who was kind enough to come over and wade through my desk, found the file, called with the address and phone number and so I just set the GPS which guided me to the house and the appraisal appointment was saved. Of course the fact that it was COD didn't bother me much either. When I finished I was cold and very hungry. So the GPS or bossy lady as keanna calls it led me to Applebees where tonight I was good and ordered salad instead of fries. The salad was so good and huge and the grilled cheese with tomato slices was good too. Walked out for less than 10 bucks. Then a quick stop in the cold for diesel, 525 miles on 12 gallons and now I'm home. Starr and Lady were so excited to see me come in, I know they are only dogs but its sure nice to be welcomed home again. Now its bed time and I head there knowing there are clean sheets and that I've done a pile of work today.
So my friend how are you? Are you glad to be back at work or glad to be retired or still working and wish you were retired?

Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments: