Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Keanna brightens up the scene

Dear Family and Friends,
Its hard to explain how a little 35 lb girl of almost 6 years can do so much lifting of spirits but she can. At 2 it was time to collect Keanna from school. She came racing out to meet me and never stopped until her mom picked her up at 5. We ventured over to the golden arches to get a happy meal and it sure was. We also deposited some money which was also a happy moment. Then home to visit Lois and Ray, they were sleeping, peel an apple, find saltine crackers, play a special educational video game. When we first arrived we opened the envelope from Kim which contained the Little Friend, a children's magazine from church. While she colored a picture for her mom she had me read every story. The theme was on patience and it was a great teaching moment. What fun! She let me work only to ask if I could build a fire. So while I started a little fire she commented that she did not know how to build a fire. I thought, well that is probably a good thing, 5 is a little young to learn how to build a fire. I told her her dad would teach her when she grew older. All afternoon the wind has been really buffeting the house and the lake has whitecaps. I had a chance to explain what white caps were to Keanna. I believe in teaching her everything like that I can, expanding her knowledge and vocabulary.
After Nikki came to visit, I swear that lady is a ghost, she just appears in the house, I never hear her open a door or move about! After she left Ray and Lois tempted me with a promise of pizza from a local place and it was great. I've been very good today working long hours without moving and getting quite a bit done in the process. Ray located a cushion for my chair and that has helped a lot, not so hard. He says I have worn out the padding in the chair, could be. I've had the chair for years and been riding it for a long time. Today I have played the classical station from San Francisco through my computer and with the Bose speakers the sound is perfect. Great music is so enriching. Right now its a rebroadcast of the San Francisco Symphony playing Ravel, wonderful, wonderful beautiful music, even nicer than the rap I hear coming from cars when I'm in the hood! I know revealing my age here.
I'm so thankful for mail service, I'm not thankful for the lack of checks over the past two weeks. If it were not for the COD payments I get along the way I would be on the street by now.
So in summary Keanna brought great joy and fun to the day. What a nice break to a tough week.
Hoping your day is going well.

love to all,

Tim

No comments: