Thursday, April 2, 2009

Rough day

Dear Family and Friends,
In a few minutes I'm going to bed. I know I'm better today than last night but I sure feel rough. After my bout with dumping my cookies in SF I started to cough and that has continued to the point where my lungs and chest are very sore now so that just sort of adds to the fun. Since yesterday morning I've dumped 5 to 6 lbs. Today at the urging of family and friends I've had some apple juice, toast, apple sauce. I've run a fever all day and tonight my eyes burn along with other crucial points in my body. The bottom line is I'm better and I'm thankful for that.

This afternoon I was sleeping under a little heated blanket that Nan loved so much in the recliner. Suddenly Starr started gentle barking at my side. She would not stop until I finally got up, I think she knew something was not right for me to be in the chair for so long. It was cute.

I was able to cover the house payment by depositing the checks that had come in and raiding the personal bank account, taking the case out of my wallet and now I have $14 in the business account. That is a whole lot better than the $20 I had toward the whole payment a few days ago. The Lord's ways are strange to say the least but He is there.

Well I'm going to sign off now and go to bed. I hurt everyplace that can hurt but I'm better. I think the girls are better too even though Kallie lost some of her dinner last evening. What a nasty bug this has turned out to be.

Sending love to all,

tim

2 comments:

Carol and Roger said...

Hi Tim,
I'm sorry you are ill. No fun at all and work is piling up! Just be glad you have work that is piling up.

The coughing may be that you aspirated a bit when vomiting. It does happen and with your lungs being sensitive from all that previous coughing, you may have irritated them again. You are probably doing all you can ~ keeping warm, rest, and bland food. Rice really is one of the best things you can eat.

Take care of yourself! We love you ~ Carol

Carol and Roger said...

Hi Tim,
I'm sorry you are ill. No fun at all and work is piling up! Just be glad you have work that is piling up.

The coughing may be that you aspirated a bit when vomiting. It does happen and with your lungs being sensitive from all that previous coughing, you may have irritated them again. You are probably doing all you can ~ keeping warm, rest, and bland food. Rice really is one of the best things you can eat.

Take care of yourself! We love you ~ Carol