Thursday, April 16, 2009

Holding on

Dear Ones,
Its late and time to be asleep. I've made some progress today, seen properties and did some catching up.
This morning I just got up and went to work. The dogs were very disappointed that we didn't do the park walk. Since Ray suggested I add a small cushion to my work chair it is much less painful after the long hours of sitting and working. At 11 I saw a sad little house in Bay Point. I know there is a very happy little family who are looking forward to their first house and in many ways it is like the first house that Want Construction built for us in Tracy. Which we were totally thrilled with at the time. This sad little house has been painted dark red over most of the walls of the whole house, the hardwood floors are there but need refinishing, the kitchen door hangs from one hinge, all the heating ducts are taped closed, not sure why. And the selling price, $90,000 and as I looked at the comps I found many homes to have sold for as low as $56,000 in the area. After completing the appraisal, meeting the buyers, receiving their check (yes) then I drove to Discovery Bay where I saw a totally different kind of house. Large at over 3,600 Sq.Ft. it had the distinction of having cat and dog poop on the floors of several rooms in the second level of the house. Here is a house that was once worth over a million dollars and its treated like that. I was really surprised to see such lousy care of a house. One room almost overwhelmed me with the stench and I could not stay in there but for a minute. After that I came home and worked for a bit and then drove to Livermore to shoot comps for one I could not finish the other day. Then home to relax and make a little food. Lois came over for a minute to deliver some Starbucks lite mocha drinks she had found for a deal and commented on the pretty little stuffed bird I had in the kitchen, then it moved. Somehow I had a pretty little bird with a lot of red on his or her head in the kitchen. We opened the doors, the kitty became very interested and after many attempts Lois finally caught the bird in a fish net and we released it outside. Excitement!
This has been a very tough week to keep my spirits up. There is a lot going on as I've explained in the appraisal profession right now and no one knows how its going to work out. There are lawsuits pending to put off the new legal junk that is being forced on our profession but who knows the outcome.
As many of you know its just a challenging time to live, work and survive right now. We need to pray for each other and again I ask if you could pray for my good friends, Irene and Suzie. Both face uncertain medical futures right now.

Go I bid you a warm good night, tomorrow night I have the girls so it should be an interesting evening. They bring so much happiness and joy with them.

love to all,

Tim

No comments: