Sunday, April 5, 2009

Learning curves, a pain

Dear Family and Friends,
Well here I am again ready to share the wonders of being alive today.
Breakfast was right after a good walk with Ken, good range grown brown eggs and toast, apple sause. I worked in for as long as I could and then headed out to Redwood City. I found a very nice place with some updating, good care and lovely people. Then it was off to San Francisco to shoot photos of comps for the appraisal I started the other day and became ill. It was a beautiful day, warm even and I had a good book playing so the day went quickly. Upon arriving back at Discovery Bay I went ahead and inspected a large home located in the Country Club which was devoid of all light fixtures and kitchen appliances. How sad that people think they need to take such items which clearly should remain with the home. Then it was home to be greeted by two dogs, two cats, a new nest of little birds in the kitchen garden window. Since it was time to eat I pulled out some brown rice, mixed in a big of mushroom soup and hit the microwave button for 1 minute. Using romain lettuce hearts, a fresh tomato, sliced olives and bits of cheese I made a great salad. Then I sat at the freshly cleaned table and enjoyed the tastes of the food.
After eating it was time to get down to serious work. Tonight was the first time I've tried to fill out the new form which the wizards at FNMA have forced on all appraisals. To fill out the blanks you have to be able to get the data for certain time periods, 7 to 12 months ago, 3 to 6 months and then 3 months to present. For sold homes, for listings and how much did the sale price differ from the list price and how long did they take to sell. I was working on the appraisal for Redwood City and try as I might I could not get it to give me the data for the time periods mandated by the form so I'm going to bed with 1/4 of a page of the report filled out and no idea of how to fill out the required information. Tomorrow I'll call the board and see if the system can even spit out the info I need. This is going to be a long month as we all learn how to get the data, fill out the form and still get our work done. God will need to help us through this process, its not easy.
So for now I'll sign off and get rest. Good night to all.

love

tim

No comments: