Thursday, April 30, 2009

Keanna turns the big 6!






















Dear Family and Friends,

9:50, its been a big day. This morning Ken and I walked our 3 miles and when I returned Donna and Ruth were up and in the kitchen. How nice to come home to someone here. The dogs were loving having friendly ladies to beg from. We had some toast and I let them sample Stripples, fake bacon and they were kind in their comments. After breakfast they loaded up and left for Weed, a 4 hour drive. I showered and prepared myself for an appraisal over in San Bruno. I arrived to find lovely people, a brother and sister caring for their parents house. The father died in January and now they have to deal with the house and its belongings. I was so impressed with the kind way they dealt with each other. So many times when there is an estate everyone becomes evil and selfish, not a pretty sight at all. Today was different.

I drove back to the office and did some light work, found new orders, took calls and prepared to go with Keanna, Nikki, Steve and Kallie to a birthday dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory in stockton, Keanna's choice. They sang to her and we all had a great time. When she got home there were balloons in the front yard from Lois and Ray. She was so surprised and delighted.

I've included a few photos taken tonight. Keanna actually took most of them with my camera.

Now I'm home nursing a very sore spot in my back. I just got out of the jetted tub hoping that would ease the pain and I suppose it did a bit.

Life is so different now than it used to be. There is less joy, more stress, more alone time, lots of alone time and so much time to think about my life. How I wish I would have lived it in a less selfish manner. Not that I dwell on my faults all the time but when you are alone and have time to think a lot it is easy to wish that you had done better on all scores.

For now I'm saying good night to all,

love
tim

No comments: