Thursday, April 2, 2009

Flu

Hi
I missed last night for a reason. Yesterday I was in SF to see a house and after I was through I became very ill. GPS guided me to a shell station which even had a shady place to park and I slept there for awhile. I could feel I was getting worse so finally stumbled across the long parking lot, grabbed the key and made very good use of the bathroom. Then I purchased some pepto bismal and headed back to the car, I didn't make it, I think the Lord provided a nice big trash can which I proceeded to fill. Finally I made it back to the car where I sat for awhile. I had a couple things working against me, no food since morning so blood sugar was getting low and aches and pains everywhere. I wondered how I would make it home. Every mile seemed to be more challenging as I drove but finally I made it to the driveway where my car still sits. I lunged into the house and found the recliner, stayed there until 7:30 and then rode the stair chair up to bed where I found comfort and warmth. This is the worst I have felt in a very long time and at this point I'm going to get a lot of rest today. Yesterday as I drove I picked up about 5 new orders but they will just have to wait a day.
Nikki, Keanna and Kallie continue to be sick with this bug and its made their life very miserable too.
I just mixed some apple juice with room temp water and have kept that down so far and I think I'll try some rice pretty soon. Due to diabetes I do need to eat something. If you can avoid this flu do so. I don't want any visitors for fear that they will come down with it.

We all could use your prayers. Thanks

Tim

3 comments:

Deborah W said...

Wow, this bug is going around. I do hear it's short-lived, though, so I hope you are up and around in just a couple of days. Rest and get well!

Deborah

Carol and Roger said...

Hey Tim,
I have always heard that children's bugs are more potent than adults and they are more contagious. I think that was true for you this time. Just keep your bugs on the west coast! We don't seem to have that brand here ~ at least not yet. Rice is a good thing for tummy ailments. I hope it settled ok.

Our new help is working out very well. I hope they continue to enjoy their work. As they were leaving the other day I heard her say to her husband, "I just love this place!" That's always good news.

Take care of yourself. Keep warm and dry and fed.

Love ya' ~ Carol

Bob and Carrol. said...

Hi TIm,

Sorry You are not feeling so good, Hope You get better quickly so We can have Our "Train Game" session on Sunday.

Give Us a call if You need to cancel the Game.

Carrol says "Stay down & Drink lots of Fluids"

Love You,

Bob & Carrol.