Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Challenging day

Dear Ones,
Just back from an important meeting with Jim re: ACN. There is much to learn for this exciting new business. Earlier I was blessed to be able to stop at a brokers home and pick up a check for an upcoming appraisal. During this day four cod orders were placed, almost enough to make a serious dent in the house payment. Pretty exciting!
This morning I was on hand when Kallie and Keanna woke up. Kallie drank part of her bottle but had a diaper that should be against the law! We managed to fix Keanna some breakfast and get everyone in the car on time. Not long after I returned home to fix breakfast and start working the sitter called to say Kallie was losing her cookies once again and her license did not allow a sick baby to stay in her care. Nikki was on assignment at Stanford University so after debating the best course of action I went and picked her up. I moved furniture around to form a safe play area but upon arriving she demonstrated she was sleepy so I put her to bed. With about one minutes of crying she settled down and slept over 2 hours. Being a novice at this sort of stuff I made many trips up to make sure she was OK and had not thrown up again. Lois was kind enough to come sit with her while I went to pick up Keanna from school and then we all spent time together until Nikki arrived. I then set up orders and did a bit more of work before leaving to buy meds at Longs, pick up a check for future work, do an interior inspection of a home and then drive to Jim and Martis for what is called a launch, a process of learning more about the new business. Jim is brilliant and the time was well spent. As I write I am so exhausted I can tell this blog is about to come to an end. 5:45 comes early in the morning and we've decided Kallie will come here in the morning to spend time with me. This evening as she was having dinner not all of it stayed down so we still have concerns about the bug she has picked up. Nikki will come home early with her government issued laptop so she can do some work at home.
I must say there are few moments more enjoyable and precious in the world than little Kallie lying still in my arms just content to be there, not wanting to let go. What a precious experience to be a grand parent of these three little tykes. How I wish Nan could be here to enjoy it like I get to. She was a natural at the whole process and would have known just what to do to help. But I am here and she is at rest so I'll do my best and treasure every moment of it.
For now I'm going to bed and I know you all understand why I need to, I'm beat but pleased too that I could help out. Work comes and goes but family is for eternity!

love

tim

No comments: