Thursday, March 5, 2009

At long last it ends

Dear Family and Friends,
This has been a long day with few enjoyable moments. Unfortunately the cough has returned along with sore throat, head aches and limited fever. Since the Direct TV installer was to be here between 8 and 12 I planned to stay in today. Ken and I walked this morning which ended up feeling good at the completion. I started work after an oatmeal breakfast. I found that after the set back thermostat cut the heat back to 62 the rooms began to chill. So I kept my little heater under my desk on a low setting and that helped a great deal.
First I set up about 13 new orders, then began to write appraisals. I'm nearly completed with 3 reports for the day. The installer actually made it about 2:30 and set to work. I made a terrible decision regarding where the dish could be mounted. He had me come out front and told me where the best place place would be for finding all four satellites and that happened to be on the front wall of the house. I gave it little thought until LeAnn pointed out how really ugly the dish was sitting there and she is right. It is no small process to move the dish once it is in place and he did a great job of the attaching to the house process. So we will see but I'd like it elsewhere too, just not sure where it would work right. After discovering that I had ruined her day I really felt lousy, already felt bad physically but to hurt LeAnn, well she has been wonderful to us all over the years and she didn't need this.
Nikki called and could tell I was feeling pretty down and she set out to cheer me up. That helped. She also reminded me that Keanna was doing tumbling from 5:30 to 6:30. Well the installer was still programming boxes when it was time to leave. Finally everything was working perfectly in all four rooms and I signed the paper and he left. Then I drove over and watched Keanna for a few minutes and ended up taking her to dinner at the Mexican place nearby. She ate like a very hungry adult and was thrilled when the roving band of musicians began to play. She loved it.
In the morning I'm back at their house at 6:30 to help with the kidos. I just hope I feel better by then.
For now I'm going to sign off and try to get some sleep.

love to all

Tim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,

Sorry You are not feeling so well again.

We had a good trip to Jackson Wed and the Movie "High Noon" was great on the Big Screen in the Ball Room. Food was very Good too and the Room was very nice as always. Breakfast this month is just .99 cents, what a bargain. The "Wheel of Fortune" was good to Us too! Marilyn would have has a blast!

Today We have Lunch at the Center and Choir Practice at 7:00. Sunday We can unwind a bit.

Don't forget "Fosters" at 11:30 on Tuesday if You can make it.

Love You,

Bob & Carrol.

PS; Jackson RV Park is having a Special deal all month of March $20.00 a night, ask for "Super Code 20" to get the special rate. on line is RancheriaStyle.com .
Phone is 1-800-822-WINN .