Saturday, March 14, 2009

Sabbath really works

Dear Family and Friends,
Well once again I survived Pappa duties. Nikki brought Keanna last evening and I finally got her to bed fairly late. At 2:30 this morning I heard a noise and opened the bedroom door to find her sleeping peacefully on the floor. Rather than wake her I went and found a nice little comforter, covered her and went back to bed. She coughed some during the night and every time I checked on her she seemed to be sleeping fine. In fact she slept until after 8 this morning. She explained that she had a bad dream with bad men in black which scared her so she came as far as the door.
We had a good breakfast but the dog grabbed her sausage which did not make her day. Today we went to the Kingdom Kids, the next level of Sabbath School and Sylvia had an excellent program which Keanna enjoyed. Then we stayed for children's church. Knowing there would be nothing Keanna could eat due to her multiple allergies, dairy, wheat, soy, nuts we went to her favorite gourmet place, McDonalds where chicken mcnuggets were on the menu. She played for a long time and finished every bit of her meal. Then we set out for Pleasanton and she watched every mile click off on the GPS wanting to get there NOW. She got to see the rows and rows of children's things and toys and most important got to see her mom in action helping with the sale. It was at a building at the Pleasanton County Fairgrounds. Then we headed home and when we arrived the warm sunshine beckoned us to take the dogs and head to the nearby park. Keanna played and made friends with a little girl and I made friends with her grandmother, fun fun.
Finally at 5:30 I delivered keanna home and went to Longs for some meds I've been out of for days. Now I'm home relaxing, writing intense notes to my bank since my debit card did not work at the store even though there is plenty of money in the account. This happens all too often and I'm sort of getting tired of it. I'm on the second new card this year due to VISA exposing account information improperly. What a complex world we find ourselves in these days. I really enjoy conversations with Keanna who sees things in a much more basic manner and cuts through the nonsense. Today we learned what destination means and several other words as well. She loves the "bossy lady" who talks through the GPS.
Tomorrow I'll make a run to the SF airport with a friend who is leaving the country for a long anticipated trip and then crank out appraisals hopefully by the dozens, yea right!
Today our new pastor, Jessica, was installed officially by the president of our conference. It was an interesting experience and she seems incredibly capable for the task of pastoring. I remember well the excitement of coming to Tracy as my first church as the pastor in 1976. We were treated with great kindness and welcomed in a manner only the Tracy church is capable of. It was a real honor to be the pastor of such fine people and Nan and I were blessed by the experience.
Now Nan rests from her labors and I sort of flounder trying to find myself and survive. This morning before 8 am two bill collectors had already called, on for the 3rd time in two days in spite of my making a payment on Thursday online. Someone is wasting a lot of money on personnel these days making calls that only irritate.
Well my fine friends, outstanding family and fellow gisters it is time to hit the sack. I'm tired and worn out but gratified that I was able to share time with Keanna and enhance her life, help her parents and bring her to SS.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments: