Sunday, March 29, 2009

Home after a great weekend




Dear Family and Friends,

Yes, I made it back home through some pretty interesting wind and with a cell phone that refused to work at all until I got home. It was hard to leave and Timothy was sad to see me go.

Jason and I got busy this morning and decided on a job of installing baseboard in the living room and Timothy's room. We made a quick trip to Home Depot to get supplies and then set to work. Jason got me set up and I painted the boards and let them sun dry. He worked on a planter box and got his brad / staple air gun to working. Then we began to measure and put down the boards. They look great and went in well. When I finally had to leave Jason was down to his last two boards.

This was a time of perfect weather. Very cool at nights, probably in the 50s so sleep came easily and then warm days with just enough wind to keep it comfortable. This morning as I walked with the dogs there was some fog in the air but the wind soon blew that away.

When I returned from the walk I found the motorhome locked. I thought jason was playing tricks on me so I went for the keys. He did not have them. Yes they were locked safely in the motorhome. Somehow the red locking device fell into place as he closed the door. It had never happened before. Well what do you do when the motorhome is locked up tight and the second set of keys is at Nikki and STeve's here in Discovery Bay. Well as you begin to check every window you also send up a prayer in the context of, this is not that important but we could use some help please. Then as I was checking the windows I found the tiny kitchen window was not locked, mind you this window is about 6 by 6 inches. It is also located directly across the motorhome from the door and front my vantage point on the ladder I could see the offending red lever. However the motorhome is very wide when you have the slide out and only after digging in Jason's garage did I come up with a very long stick. Using the stick and my arm I was able to touch the door and finally move the level to the unlocked position. Yes we were in!

Jason and Jo made some really good food for lunch and I learned new things in the process. Jo made some wonderful little toasted bread slices with cherry tomato and something else to put on the top. Jason made a wrap of several kinds of greens, cut up griller and stripples. What a feast! I can do a wrap, just roll up the whole wheat tortilla. Yes something learned.

As I headed home I found the radio had once again decided to have no volume and after weaving about on the road trying to get it fixed I surrendered to silence and the challenge of keeping the coast on the road in some very stiff wind. I was glad to make it home finally, dumped the tanks, moved supplies and clothes back to the house and said a silent prayer of thanks for a safe and meaningful trip. My attitude has experienced a 180 through the weekend.

So good night my friends and family, have a great peaceful week as you do your best to touch those lives God places before you.

love

tim
I've included three photos. When I got to the beach my batteries were almost gone so the good photos slipped away. The Timothy shot is at SS where he and a little girl are riding in the boat on the sea!

1 comment:

Bob and Carrol. said...

Hi Tim,

Great Pictures of the Kids, Glad You were able to get in after locking Yourself Out. We all have done that a time or two.

Just got back from the Clinic in Stockton and Carrol's numbers are maintaining at a level that the Dr says are stable enough to keep Her off Chemo for another two months. Then We will test again. Her General Blood Work Numbers are very good. We are very thankfull for the reprieve and continue to Pray that Her levels continue to be at an acceptable level.

Have a good week ahead,

Love You,

Bob & Carrol.