Monday, March 9, 2009

Finally a great day!

4:55 alarm goes off, horrible sound, can't ignore
5:05 wrap up warm and go out into the dark, walk the 3 miles at a brisk pace, no cars, many walkers and runners out, crazy people!
6:05 shower, never felt better
6:30 arrive to care for kidos
8:45 home with kidos delivered, fed and dressed, what fun, their smiles are unforgettable!
8:50 oatmeal and toast
10 leave for first appointment with research done
11: arrive in Berkeley hills, enjoyed panoramic view of SF, bay, bridges on trip
1: arrive in San Leandro to find the nicest house on the block was the subject, nice lady raising 13 year old daughter
2:15 lunch at Olive Garden
3: driveby appraisal in Hayward, historical report, meaning date is when someone died, use old comps to find value
4:15 head home through lovely traffic
5:30 arrive home to discover email offering a check for $400 for upcoming appraisal if I want to pick up, yes I want to pick up.
6:30 pick up check, hit taco bell
7:30 home to do value checks, set up orders, enjoy talk with brother Jerry in Weed
9:20 heading to bed.
At the Berkeley appraisal I enjoyed seeing my friend whose wife decided after 40 years to elope with a high school flame who lived in Sweden. A super nice guy at peace with the world. He sold me a Lincoln saying, people are usually about as happy as they have decided to be. Wow is that saying a lot. What have you decided regarding being happy? Are you emotionally at war most of the time or at peace? Do you find something wrong no matter what someone else does? Or are you a problem solver, a people lover, a solution? Worth thinking about, I know it sure made me think.
Even though I've coughed some today in general I'm doing great. One dark note in an otherwise fine day. A bill from Sutter Delta where they took the swab to test for whooping cough. Since my deductible is not fully funded for the year my part of the bill is $541. Pretty steep for a swab of ones nose. yikes, that money will come hard. Oh well somehow the Lord and I will meet this challenge too.

So goodnight,

love

tim

No comments: