Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Working 5 to 9


Wow, this has been one of those super productive days! Does that mean I'm caught up, well no, not even close but still seeing about 6 properties certainly helps.

I started today at 5 am and worked on an important purchase in Lafayette until it was time to go help with the kidos at 6:30. They were in great form this morning. As I fed Kallie her bottle in the darkened room she would reach up with her little tiny hand and run it through my beard and then giggle, over and over again she repeated her little routine. What a precious little bundle. She now stands erect and lets go of the wall or table but has not taken steps yet. It certainly won't be long now. Keanna is adjusting to having TWO teeth missing and is going fast at whatever she is working on or playing at. I planned my day so I could work in the office and then race out at 11:40 since she had a half day of school. Then we drove to the sitters where she was for the afternoon. I left from there for a direct and on time arrival at Pleasant Hill, then three back to back in Berkeley. I was pleased on one visit to find the owner who last time was feeble and on continuous oxygen to be spry and off oxygen this time. What fun to spend time with these gentle people as I move from house to house. My system of mapping out the locations really worked well and I had no wasted time between appointments. In fact I was ahead enough that I was able to have dinner at Applebees after my Albany appointment. Then on to Hercules and finally home.

While I was busy in the field Lois was assisting back here. I decided to ask her to have an oil change on the van since it was over a 1,000 miles past time for a change. I thought I was asking a simple thing, just run the car into town to the Speedee. Well they refused because Honda had put some sort of epoxy around the drain plug last time. Lois then decided to try Tracy Honda and they finally said they could fit her in at 4 pm. Then they decided the drain plug threads were stripped and might have to keep the car overnight as they installed a new pan! Yikes that sounded expensive but Lois put it back on them reminding them that they had done the last oil change on the car. Well they rethreaded and made it work but her little helping endeavour ended up taking half the day. Tonight she is tired and very glad to have it over. Thanks Lois for your help.

The emails were interesting when I got home. More dire warning about the appraisal business. Starting next month brokers can no longer order appraisals directly. Instead the lenders must do the ordering and there is total chaos in the industry, no one knows what to expect but we all know its going to be a mess and some of the middle men involved are keeping half the appraisal fee for themselves. How this helps anything I don't know. I just love it when government decides to fix things, I get this picture in my mind of someone with mittens on trying to do delicate work on the insides of a ladies watch. Whatever they touch gets messed up, costs more and does not work as well. Its hard to remain calm when watching the criminals try to police themselves in congress. How long will it be before the people rise up and vote a whole bunch of these idiots out? I'd rather trust the first 200 names in a phone book to run the country than the current crop of tax and spend. Its the worst I have ever seen in my life time.

Carol send an email containing some comments by Lincoln which I hope I can enter into this blog. I'm going to try. Well I can see it worked and I hope you gain as much insight from these few words as I did. It is so right and so forgotten currently in Washington. I just have to remind myself, God is in control of the eternal picture and that is good.
This morning when I sat at the keyboard I find the Internet would not work. Since much of what I do is directly dependent on being connected it was alarming. I rebooted the router and the 10/100 switch but nothing. Finally after a few minutes I prayed simply saying, Lord this is not a big deal, not life threatening but I could certainly use the connection to work again. Once again I repowered the router and the switch and it worked. Thank you Lord once again. This evening when my bug came to a stop in the garage I silently prayed a prayer of thanks for a safe and meaningful day.
So I send my love and good thoughts to you friend and family member.
love
tim

No comments: