Friday, March 20, 2009

Still going

Dear Family and Friends,
At long last it is Friday evening, one of my favorite times in life. This week has contained many challenges, opportunities, high moments and depressing ones as well. Today was a no cough day, yesterday was a cough day. I hope I am better as the antibiotic ran out this morning.
This morning I let myself sleep in and then the dogs begged for a walk to the park. We all three enjoyed the fresh morning air, sunshine and exercise. Then it was back for breakfast and this morning it was eggs and toast with juice. After working all morning I began to feel hungry and decided I would try baking a potato. I discovered the microwave has a preset for baking a potato and it turned out perfectly. I smothered it in cottage cheese and brown beans and it tasted great. I forgot to fix dinner as I was working and then needed to get into the third garage but the door was broken. Needing a change of pace I removed a whole lot of stuff from the third bay of the garage and set to work trying to stiffen up the door. It now works perfectly, opens and closes easily and in the process I threw away a lot of stuff, left over medical stuff that might have value somewhere in the mission field but no one wants it here so its gone.
Tomorrow Keanna is doing fun things with her mother and dad so I'm heading over to Lodi to hear the choir sing. Glen and Joyce emailed asking if I would like to come over and it sounds good to me.
Tomorrow evening I'm looking forward to a meeting a Jim and Marti's house in Antioch for ACN. It is so exciting to hear how people are doing well and learning to help other people get better deals for services they already use. I have friends that are coming which is also exciting.
On Sunday I'll drive to Santa Rosa and Vallejo to see properties. The one in Vallejo concerns me a bit. When I called for access I was told that I didn't need a key, that the back door had been totally removed by thugs who are tearing up the place. She thought there would be a lot of things that needed repair and I would notice them. Sounds like a great property! Going for $60,000.
I hope your weekend is wonderful, that you find time for calm conversation, hand holding, pet walking, worship and kid enjoyment. In spite of all, God is there, He is here and He still cares.

love

Tim

No comments: