Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Coughing again

Dear Family and Friends,
I regret to mention that the coughing has returned today. So far its not bad and I've been able to work hard all day. I had a great start with the kidos this morning, how I love to see them in the morning when they are just waking up, eating breakfast and heading off to school and the sitters.
Then it was home to fix a good breakfast with oatmeal, stripples and some excellent rye bread that Ray gave me. After time to do conditions for a couple reports, take phone calls and set up orders I left for Antioch where I say a house that was $570 and is now selling for $197,000. Cute 4 bedroom house in decent condition and the comps said the price was right. This one I did for a discount as the broker involved mentioned that money was very tight for these buyers and who would not want to help.
I needed a box of legal sized paper so next stop was Staples which was just around the corner. That box of paper is now $49.00. Things have changed. UNOs Chicago Style Pizza beckoned as I left Staples so I slid into the bar and had soup, two bowls of it and a cheap little cheese and tomato pizza for just $2.49. I walked out with lunch costing an amazing $5.00 plus tip. It was so good, so warm and so filling. Then I headed back to Discovery Bay to deposit the check which the account needed and set the GPS for Fairfield. If you think the Antioch house was going cheap the Fairfield one was even more of a shock. $85,000 is the selling price. True the house was pretty basic but still it had 3 bedrooms, indoor plumbing, all tiled floors and a quiet neighborhood. $85K for a house in CA! As the day drew on I grew more and more tired. No feeling too good I headed home. It seemed every mile was filled with more fatigue and I was so very glad to finally turn the corner and be home.
I've just spent the last 3/4 of an hour filling out an application for Kaiser on line. I'm tired of paying $840 a month for Anthem Blue Cross so at least I'm looking into another choice. We have a beautiful new Kaiser hospital in Antioch, most of my friends either have it or are considering getting it and if I can save $400 a month I'll make the change. Blue Cross is very different since the name Anthem has been added. Its worth a try.
So now its time to part company, I'm going to bed, I'm tired and the jetted tub is calling. Good night my friends and family.

Love to all

Tim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,
Your long lost friend is back! I did send you an e-mail at your regular e-mail address though.

Do you own a good umbrella? Yes, it does rain in CA ~ even during a drought. Maybe that contributed to the return of the cough.

Take care of yourself! At least you do have work. Now for the checks to follow.

We love you ~ Carol