Monday, March 30, 2009

Down to work

Dear Family and Friends,
The only problem with enjoyable weekends is they can't last forever. Oh to win the lottery, of course one has to play to win and I'm way to cheap to throw away money so there goes that idea.
This morning I rose at 5:45 so I could be at the kids house in time. I fed Kallie her bottle and then listened as she settled down again for the next hour or so. What I did not know and I did not catch it, she lost her bottle soon after I put her back down. For the life of me I could not figure out why her bed was wet when I picked her up. I changed her into a new jammie and expected that the diaper had failed but it had not. later in the day Nikki called to say that the sitter had called to let her know Kallie was vomiting. Then it all made sense to me, why her bed was so wet. I just never thought about that possibility, grandparent ignorance!
After delivering the little angels to school and sitter I came back to the office. It was a mess, all desk surfaces were piled high with papers and files. So I took the time to file things that needed to be filed, listed all files on a grease board so I could see where I stood with work and got organized. Wow was I surprised. There is plenty to do for the next few days. Energized I set to work, prepared for a trip to inspect a house in Oakley, shoot comps for that one and two other appraisals and then came back to work. I've been in the chair ever since and several reports are now on their way to lenders via the Internet.
At this point in time there are so many things up in the air. On the first which is Wednesday we have to start preparing an additional page which will require about 30 minutes of time gathering data with each report. Then in one month our appraisal world will change again when new rules kick in which will outlaw COD payment for reports, prevent all my clients from ordering appraisals directly and instead they must order through a third party management company who in many cases will keep up to half the fee in the process. In the meantime days have gone by without any checks coming in the mail. It is disheartening to work this hard week after week without any payment coming in. While I know it will come eventually in the meantime there are bills to pay but no money to cover them. I do not let it stop me from working but at the same time it would be nice to have the stress removed by the ability to pay the bills that are due. plus of course in just 15 days the tax man arrives and I have no money to pay my taxes that will be due. So if I want to spend time worrying there is plenty to fill the time. However I am choosing to work instead of worry, trust instead of walk the floors at night and do what I can believing God also is aware of all of our needs.
It was so nice to take a break and catch up with family on Sabbath and to work with Jason doing manly work, installing base board. Fun stuff!
And right now its time to head to bed and see if I can catch up on some sleep, another good plan.
So I send my love and appreciation to both friend and family,

love

tim

1 comment:

Deborah W said...

Boy, I hear ya, Tim. I'm working hard but no money is coming in. I hope all the hard work pays off eventually! I have to believe & trust it will.

Keep the faith!

Deborah