Sunday, March 1, 2009

Everything but work

Dear Family and Friends,
Today as been a productive day, the kind where you know what you need to do but something inside recoils at the thought of doing it so you avoid doing it by doing lots of other good things instead. Lets see, I have a clean kitchen, my office floor is vacuumed, my two working surfaces are free of piles of papers needing to be filed and sorted, trash is emptied, many loads of laundry are clean and dried to perfection, light bulbs that had burned out are replaced, the fax line has been switched from AT&T to ACN so not only do I get lower rates each month but I also benefit each time I pay the bill, Comcast has been replaced with Direct TV with many more channels to waste my time and even in HD for less money, my business line is now switched from Vonage to ACN as well but ask me if appraisals are written and emailed out, well, one has just been emailed out now and several are waiting patiently for completion. Oh well it was Sunday after all and I had a chance to catch up with friends and family on the phone, make a great salad for lunch, a griller for dinner, drink lots of liquids all day.
In the morning I'm back to grampa day care at 6:30 so that will be fun. Then its off to Lafayette to see a place and then on to Hayward to see another and hopefully Stockton as well if the light holds.
For me it has been a day of quiet reflection, I came across the beautiful book of Nan that was assembled by Karen with photos scanned by Nikki at the time of nan's passing. It is a powerful collection of a wonderful woman's life, I really had it good, very good, we all did. She was a wonderful piece of work, a great lady, a sparkplug for our whole family. Man do I ever miss her. I'll just bet you do too.
I was drawn to consider Nan's struggles when I read a painful email from our dear friend Irene this afternoon. In spite of a recent surgery and different types of meds a recent scan shows significant growth of the tumors invading Irene's gentle body. Like she said so well, not the answer she was hoping for at all. So once again I call upon each of you to bring Irene before the kind Lord seeking His will and His healing. She is about to embark on a new treatment called IPI504. Its the one that led Nan to Boston for long periods of time during which she lived at the hospitality of Rick and Roxanna in Conn. How I hope and pray that the program will help Irene if she decides to go that route. It will mean she lives in Portland part of the time for that is where the nearest infusion site is for the trial.
My thoughts and my heart goes to Ron and Irene this evening as they face this next step in the journey caused by GIST.

love

tim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,

We are just back from Stockton, Carrol's regular Clinic Appointment. Her numbers are still at what the Dr calls "Acceptable Level" so She can stay off of Chemo for another 2 months, Praise the Lord for His Healing Power.

We will remember Irene as She faces the Tumor Issues, How well You know the Pain She is going through.

Some Day Things will be made new again, How grand a time that will be.

God Bless You,

Bob & Carrol.