Saturday, February 28, 2009

Kidos make the day

Well we all made it through the night. I finally fell asleep about 2 am and Kallie stirred at 5:05 and I finally got her bottle, changed her and rocked her at 5:30. Then she went blissfully back to sleep and so did I. Keanna slept until after 7 am. Then the fun started. Kallie was ready to head downstairs and delivered a very special diaper in the process! I let her crawl a bit on the floor and play with her very special little standing toy. Keanna finally was ready to eat so I made her breakfast. Steve arrived around 8 to take Kallie home and Keanna and I left for Sabbath School. When we arrived a bit late we found the room totally full of kids. It was exciting and the teacher did a great job with the stories, songs and activities.
After Sabbath School and getting to see friends we went to McDonalds where a new Pet Shop series of toys are being given with happy meals. So Keanna ate and played for awhile in the play area, met lots of kids and had fun. Then we drove home and I delivered her to her parents. I drove home determined to catch some sleep but it sort of eluded me. I pulled out the great heated cover and settled with Starr into the recliner but phone calls and the call of finding lunch kept me from sleeping. This evening found me at Longs to collect several bottles of pills that were ready. Then back home to watch a movie, Hildalgo, a story of a cowboy who raced his mustang pony in the Arabian desert, great story filled with beautiful photography of the desert and the racing horses. When my brother called I was able to just put it on hold and since it was DVR it just sat there waiting until we finished talking.
I did a bit of grocery shopping and Nikki pointed out a coupon that knocked $10 off the price of anything over $50. So my $75 in grocery purchasing cost $65. Not bad and now I'm set for a few more days. I took a chance on hot house tomatoes, they were cheap, now we'll see if they are any good or not.
This morning at 7:30 Jason, Jo and Timothy called. We put the phone on speaker as I was wrestling Kallie at the moment changing a diaper and when she is getting changed her arms and legs wind up with power and just keep kicking. We got to talk to Timothy and he heard the girls talking and it was fun, sort of a very nice family moment. In a few days that same call will be more interesting as I will have the new video phone and so will Jason and Jo, then when we talk we will be able to see each other. It will be great.
This evening I ordered Direct TV through ACN, my company. For less money than what I pay now with Comcast I'll add HD and several more channels. Since two of the TV's in the house are HD it will be nice to see them that way.
I hope you had a very enjoyable Saturday and will also have a great day tomorrow. In times like these which verge on almost depression experiences for many we just have to hold onto each other, encourage each other, drive more sanely, smile more, care more and fight less. There has never been a time when possessions mattered less or should matter less. Now its real, about people, no class warfare, in fact no warfare between citizens at all. We need everyone pulling the same direction. Personal responsibility, hard work, honesty and a determination that we will recover. It will work.
Good night my friends and family,
love

Tim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Tim,

We are winding down from a busy Weekend of Singing & Visiting & a Special Social event in Modesto last evening. We got to visit with many Peden Choral Friends and listened to a local "Big Bad" with the Dorsey,Miller Sounds of the 30's/40's. Harold,John & Marilyn play with the group, Good Sounds. Good Food Too !! Clair,Peter,Julie,Patty,Harold,John,Glynis,Beverly & Lavone all send greetings & best wishes.

We had a good Trip to Reno last mid week, Weather was great and Road conditions were not a factor at all. Got the Taxes done and enjoyed Games ,Food & Visit time with the Anderson's. We stayed at the "Grand Serria" this time and did quite well at the Machines,
etc. I even hit a $67.50 Jack Pot at a Super Market "Mini" Game Room!

We have a busy week ahead, Carrol's Clinic is Monday, Dentist for Me on Tuesday, Wed is Movie & Dinner at Jackson , We will be spending the night there which is included with the Pkg. Movie is "High Noon" Great old Classic.

Don't forget the 17th! Please meet Us at Fosters in Rio Vista for the Special St Patricks Day Lunch, Remember Last Year, Deep Fried Fresh Asparagus? We will be there at 11:30 or a bit earlier.

Have a good Week,

Love you,

Bob & Carrol.