Monday, February 9, 2009

Health takes a slide downhill







Dear Family and Friends,



This will be short. The coughing has become almost unbearable today and this afternoon it has been constant whether I had a cough drop in my mouth or not. My head aches, the ears feel solid, throat is raw and I'm heading to bed. I had to cancel a meeting I had at 5 and just drive home. I spent the afternoon in the beautiful Oakland hills where nearly every turn in the narrow roads leads to yet another view of the bay, the SF skyline, the bridges, all beautiful. Now I'm really getting tired of being this sick, something has to give and soon.



The day was a deceiver, beautiful sunshine and colder than you would expect. When I stepped out of the car I put on the big heavy ski coat just to survive the cold. Grabbed a few groceries as I was coming home and purchased the last of the Roma tomatoes for $1 a pound, found a deal on the kind of lettuce I like and headed home.



I started the day with the normal walk, then some great hot tea that Jo gave me to sooth the throat and it seemed to help this morning. As the day passed I felt worse and worse and right now its pretty bad. I did make a discovery in the garage yesterday, I found a wonderful device to do back massage that one of the kids provided their mom with to help with her pain several years ago. Its pretty strong but really gives you a workout, I'm heading there next and will follow it with a soak in the jetted tub in the bedroom. I'm including a couple photos Jo and Jason sent of Timothy taken on the 8th. He is changing so fast, becoming a little man and so cute.






Would appreciate your prayers when you get this, thanks.






love to all






Tim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,

So sorry to read that Your Chough is still giving You a Fit!

Carrol & I are both doing much better as the Antibiotics are doing their thing ,"Big Time" We are hoping to be back in the Main stream by Friday night for Choir Practice.

Just read in the Paper that Your Tracy VW Dealer had to close down Yesterday along with Dodge & Jeep ! We lost Chrysler,Jeep & Dodge over here last week and Geweke RV is Closing down by the 15th They have been a Mainstay in the RV Field for Many Years and represent a lot of Jobs on Lodi. What a mess this Old World is in, "Obama" has His hands full !!.

Love & Prayers for You,

Bob & Carrol.