Friday, February 13, 2009

Sicker

Dear Family and Friends,
I'm sorry to have to report that my condition is getting worse. I've spent most of the day today coughing sometimes so violently that my body begins to perspire and at times my vision wavers. I can do little now without constant interruptions. I took the bug to get an oil change this afternoon. It was way past the right time to have it done. While I waited I had to step out of the waiting room frequently into the rain as the coughing was so constant it was unnerving to the other patrons. I stayed in my car as long as I could to avoid contact with others. When I picked up Kallie tonight I drove her home rather than have her exposed to the constant racket, it disturbs her to hear the coughing.
In spite of the way I felt I managed to see a house here in Discovery Bay this morning, 2,568 SF selling for $275,000, a new low for the area. Then it was on to San Leandro where I inspected a home with very reluctant tenants, only a court order had gotten all of us in, the whole house inspector and the termite inspector plus the selling agent, we all gathered at the same time and found a house that had been rebuilt just a few years ago with many pleasing features. After that inspection the coughing really began in earnest. I found a McDonalds and had a salad and decided to drive directly to Tracy for the oil change.
This evening Dr. Jim called to check up on me, it felt so good to have my friend call to see how I was doing and sadly I had only a report of worsening condition. So he has arranged more tests to be done at the Delta Sutter Hospital in the morning. He also had a novel idea that made a great deal of sense to me. He asked that I wash my cpap mask and tube to remove possible organisms that might be living there so I've just put it through a sterile wash cycle in the dishwasher, hoping that any bugs might be killed. He says he has one other patient who like me has battled for nearly 3 months. If you remember I became ill the first part of December and have not recovered since that time. I'm worn out, discouraged and feel like a leper right now. Jim has discussed Legionnaire's disease as a possibility too or valley fever. Right now as I write each breath rattles its way out of my lungs and every other breath is accompanied by a cough.
I would appreciate your prayers. I'm not doubting God at all through this experience but I'm seeking His help to solve it so I can have a life again and be able to work in a stronger way as well.
So my friends and family, safely through another week! One cannot stop from considering the families of the 50 who lost their life in the plane accident. It could have been any of us yet the suffering and grief has fallen on families that did not expect anything but the safe arrival of a loved one.
Love to all,

tim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,

We had a short Choir Practice last evening. only 1/2 of Us were there and nearly all of Us were coughing to some extent or another.
We are supposed to sing next week but if the Health of the Group does not improve I'm afraid it will be a "No Show". This stuff is nasty.

Looks like Our Car licences will be double soon and up goes the Gas Prices & Sales Taxes too!

We are going to brave the elements and go to Woodbridge for some Broasted Chicken & Salad. It is soo good! Haven't been out all week. Carrol took the last of Her Antibiotics Yesterday and I am on My last 2 days, things are greatly improved but still not "Good"

Have a restful Sabbath and We will all be Praying for Healing.

We love You,

Bob & Carrol.