Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Good day goes very bad

Walked this morning with Ken in the cold, actually felt very good to get home. Worked for awhile and then went to a new grief group being run by one of the guys who lost his wife over a year ago and felt that we needed a group just for survivors. It was the first meeting and as I expected to be on the road told Ken I couldn't make it but then when I cancelled the trip to Oakhurst due to my illness I decided to venture out to the group. It was very interesting and helpful. Dan, our original group leader came to be involved and had helpful hints. But with just a few of us in the room and all having lost pretty amazing spouses the conversation was deep, very open, tearful and helpful. The meeting ran too long, started at 10 and was not over until after 12:30. I can't afford that out of a work day every week, just too long of time.
After the group was over I came home to settle down to work. I managed to get a rebuttal written and a full appraisal for a Brentwood purchase. Lois offered to follow me to the RV parking lot if I wanted to put away the RV. I appreciated that very much and then we went to Subway for a whole wheat sandwich with garden burger pattie. The moment I completed the sandwich I began to cough. It was the worst coughing experience of my life. It lasted for many minutes and I went outside, walked, tried to take deep breaths but nothing has helped. Once home I took some of the heavy duty cough medicine and it has only touched the cough. The rest of the day has been better and I think the new antibiotic might be helping. I certainly hope so.
This evening has been a challenge as I've tried to keep working but every few seconds the coughing starts again. Oh will this ever pass?
I'm thankful for several orders that have come in, many with cod payment offered.
So my family and friends, hope your evening is going well.

love

tim

1 comment:

Deborah W said...

Whoa, Tim, I do hope you get better soon. This has gone on way too long! You're in my thoughts and prayers; hang in there, you've got to get a break soon!

Deborah