Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Wrestling with the problem

Dear Family and Friends,
At 7:55 this morning I was at my doctor's office in Antioch. At 8:30 I got to see Jim. He listened to my lungs, checked out the ears (waxy), nose, throat and then read in a book for doctors about infectious diseases for awhile. Finally he ordered a TB test just to be sure and a chest x ray. He prescribed Biaxin 500 mg twice a day and has high hopes it will provide the relief I am seeking. When I left his office I raced to the imaging lab but they couldn't rush if on fire so I had to walk out as I had an appointment in Discovery Bay at 10 to see a very large home which has sold. I was early, measured the house, shot the comps, came home and fixed a garden burger with grape juice, headed out to do an inspection in Brentwood and then managed to get the xray done and driving quickly picked up Keanna after school.
We headed home and while she played I "worked" which every time she came to check up on me I was asleep in the chair. Finally she persuaded me that a trip to the park was just what I needed and we had great fun in the very cold and windy park. She had mittens, a warm coat with a hood and I wore my ski jacket, brrr. When we got home Nikki was pulling up. The big event of the last 24 hours was Keanna losing her first tooth, right in the middle. She was concerned about how she would look but I assured her that losing a tooth was cute. The tooth fairy visited with some cash and it was all very exciting to our big girl.
This evening we all went to UNO's as Nikki had a coupon worth many bucks off. Food was great, service was very good and even though it was pretty late for the girls it was nice to all be together again. Steve had a huge day laying sod for a property that is on the market and was very sore and tired. He will no doubt sleep well tonight.
Dr. Jim called this evening to let me know the xray showed clear lungs, which is totally amazing to me, they don't feel clear but I am coughing a lot less tonight than this morning. Perhaps the new meds will help.
Sending love to all,

tim

No comments: