Sunday, February 22, 2009

Blustery winter day, we'll take all we can get

Dear Friends and Family,
I write from soggy California, does not happen often enough but for now we've got rain and wind, snow in the low hills and we need every drop so the farmers can grow the crops, so we can eat, so our economy can come roaring back!
This has been a low key day in some ways. I've tried to just keep working and have managed to write a couple reports. Then I had the bright idea of downloading a new version of software for writing appraisals. I pay $78 dollars a month for this software but had never completed the download process. Does it seem to you that every time you download a new better version that something major goes wrong? Jim, my beloved IT expert says avoid downloads and upgrades if at all possible. Well in this case since the industry has decided that we need to write a couple more pages in each report explaining the market conditions and we all have to be up and ready to do it by April I decided that I'd better figure out what is needed before the last minute. Also I was feeling adventurous, bored sort of at the moment. I hit the download file and it started doing its magic. Of course when it was done the appraisal would not close, I could not sign it with the digital signature and I was out of business. Well I talked to the ultimate IT guy upstairs explaining that it was not a huge deal but it sure would be nice to see it work again. Then after the 50Th try I happened to notice, did an angel point my eyes to it, that the version I had the approval code for was 7.9 and I had just downloaded the version 7. Could that be the problem? So I went back to the web site, downloaded the 7.9 version shaking in my slippers that I would do something wrong and it works. Wow what a relief. The new software is much quicker acting and has features unthought of in the last version so now I'm jazzed.
Also I started a loaf of bread this morning and it finished before noon. What a simple but tasty addition to my lifestyle, home made bread. I'm so spoiled that I never buy bread now, just make my own. I'm not sure if anyone else would like it but I'm not over concerned about that right now, I like it.
Tomorrow morning I get to do a bit of pappa daycare. I arrive at Nikki and Steves no later than 6:30 and slip in quietly. At 8 or before Keanna gets up and Kallie should be waking about then too. I prepare Keanna breakfast and get Kallie out of her sleeping sack, bring her down and get her ready to travel, then load both of them into the van and do a delivery run. So at 8:30 my day starts and they are lovingly delivered. I look forward to it.
I've enjoyed looking at my web site for the new company I joined last night and have decided to go to Direct TV dish, cancel Comcast TV cable, save a whole bunch of money and have HD and more channels, seems like a great idea to me. I'm also going to order a new video phone as soon as I can afford it and then with one at Jason and Jo's house I can see Timothy in action when we talk, not just hear him. I hope we can do the same for Jo's mom so she can see him over the phone too. With this new good stuff out there available to us I think its great when we can take advantage of it to help family! You can go to my website and order anything, look around and see what you think. It is www.myacn.com, put in my number 01840789 and my password is appraise1 and see what you think. Let me know if all of this works for you. I'm learning more every day but I'm pretty jazzed about the services and products with better prices. Any way to save right now makes great sense.
Well its time for some soup. I hope your week is lining up to be a good one, I hope your job is secure that the really important things are OK, relationships with your family and friends.
Bob and Carrol wrote to the blog mentioning something I just happened to forget, that was Carrol was on a roll, we got slaughtered by this master of the game yesterday. never, never play any game with her for money or you will be hurting, she is amazing, has the touch! I had a blast while I was losing, they are so nice that I didn't even care, just keep the rhubarb pie coming with a tiny bit of ice cream and I'll lose gracefully every time.
Take care and keep God close, He has a lot of loving He needs us to do for those who are hurting, lonely or frightened. That link from last night is really good and I've heard from several people who enjoyed it and were challenged by it. I know I was.

love to all

Tim

No comments: