Monday, February 2, 2009

Back to work


Dear Family and Friends,

8:25 and in a few minutes I'm going to watch a movie I've been wanting to see. Lois and Ray invited me to go to town with them to grab a burrito. Afterwards they wanted to stop at Food Max and in the entrance there are two big red machines. They had a code which comes to them each monday through the internet and with that code they were able to rent two movies for free. Well I've wanted to see National Treasure 2 for some time and I have it in my hot little hands. Fun, fun.

This morning with Ken safely in a meeting in Brentwood I slept in but the dogs starting begging so we ended up at the park which they dearly loved. Then it was back to work on appraisal business the rest of the day. I'm trying to gradually get used to the idea to eat more often and just smaller amounts. So I have had some dried fruit and nuts a couple times, a griller for lunch with salad and cottage cheese, oatmeal for breakfast and strawberries and tonight a burrito with rice. How I would love to weight 150 pounds again but so far my desire to dump the pounds has not been stronger than my desire for pleasure, that is eating. I don't keep anything really bad in the house anymore but I still manage to eat too much of even good things, its a struggle but I'm not giving up.

I picked up a new order today for Livermore which I will see tomorrow at noon, then back to pick up Keanna at 2 from school. In the morning Ken and I will walk and then Ray is going to go with me to pick up the motorhome from the repair place as it is now fixed.

I'm anxious to get down to see Timothy before he grows any older without the guidance of his conservative pappa to keep him on the straight and narrow. Plus it is always a blast to visit with the young people who just happen to live by the Pacific Ocean.

While money remains tight it is at least coming in. I'm thankful for that. Good news came today from Bob and Carrol. Her tests showed that she will not have to have more chemo yet and its been two years. Great reasons for rejoicing. Also from Irene comes word that her most recent surgical procedure appears to have been a success. As I understand it the surgeons shut down several vessels which were supplying blood to one of her tumors and so far the results are great, no pain. Success is a very precious thing especially when battling with cancer. We will all take every victory we can have and treasure it.

So good night my friends,


love


tim

ps Jason and Jo gave me this wonderful photo of Timothy which Jo recently captured. I just love it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Tim,

It is very foggy here this morning and guess what? Now I'm coughing again. It has been exactly 1 Year since I had that extented bout with Bronchitius. I'm bound for the Dr. tomorrow morning for something that will nip this stuff in the bud. (I Hope) Nothing worse than having to cough all the time.

We are meeting My sister for Lunch & a Movie today, Something to make Me laugh I hope, I'm not into depressing Movies.

Have a good day ans drive safe.

Love You,

Bob & Carrol.

Deborah W said...

That photo is beautiful. Jo is a great photographer. Nice to see the little guy again; I always enjoy the girls so much.

Deborah